Thoughts on window tiniting a Porsche... Shock horror..!!!

Just want to to know what your thought are on window tinting my car.

I think I know the answer might be but I am very sun sensitive and am considering do it to my 996 Turbo.

Does it detract from the value and desirability of my car.

I value your thoughts on this.

Jim

Jim,

I always get my cars tinted, ASAP after buying. Always get the darkest legal tint, highest UV rating, cost around $295 for a 997 & same for 991. If its done properly you can't pick it except for the darker appearance form the outside. Much cheaper than getting skin cancers burnt off every 6 months.

Hi Jim,

It's one of those mods that can be reversed very easily so I don't see that it would reduce the value of your car. You should just go ahead and do it if that's what suits you and you find it more comfortable re the uv.....

C

Jim,

I always get my cars tinted, ASAP after buying. Always get the darkest legal tint, highest UV rating, cost around $295 for a 997 & same for 991. If its done properly you can't pick it except for the darker appearance form the outside. Much cheaper than getting skin cancers burnt off every 6 months.

Thanks for your comment,

who did you use?

Jim

Hi Jim,

It's one of those mods that can be reversed very easily so I don't see that it would reduce the value of your car. You should just go ahead and do it if that's what suits you and you find it more comfortable re the uv.....

C

Thanks for your vote of confidence Chris, I am more inclined to have it done.

Jim

:ph34r: Have it done Jim for sure, saves sun damage to your interior (and you), keeps the heat down so your aircon won't work as hard, and if the next driver doesn't like it (as Chris stated) about an hours work and you've ripped it off and cleaned the windows completely tint free.

I wouldn't own a car without it. B)

Jim,

I haven't got the 993 tinted but hav always had the DD done.

All my cars have had .........ermmmm.....darker than legal tint.

Between work cars and friends that we have referred, TINTS R US in Bell St Preston have been sensational.

No fading, peeling or blistering. Go see Dennis at 17 Bell St Preston.

You will not be dissapointed.

The Caymans going very well, it's been out of the garage a bit more than normal over the last couple of weeks.

Bit of a shock for a garage queen. SMT, twice to Geelong and out to Sandown on Sunday (car park only).

Garry

The Caymans going very well, it's been out of the garage a bit more than normal over the last couple of weeks.

Bit of a shock for a garage queen. SMT, twice to Geelong and out to Sandown on Sunday (car park only).

Garry

Good to see you are putting it to good use Garry.

Out of interest, do you like the look of the new Cayman.

Jim

First impression is good, will have to see it up close to make up my mind about the rear tail light treatment, spoiler merging into light.

Need them to sell plenty of S's so I will have a good selection of used ones to choose from in a few years.  Hopefully PCM will sell a few red ones. 150-200K is way out of my price bracket.  Had a good write up in Fridays Car Guide.

Garry

Thanks for your comment,

who did you use?

Jim

Jim,

I use a company in Sydney, one of the franchises, Tint- a - car, I think you need a level of confidence with the franchisee more than the franchise but a good product is at the heart of the job, then the person applying the product. I have had approx 7 cars done & all were good jobs.

• 2 months later...

I am not up on CAMS rules as far as window tinting is concerned, but for those that track their cars, is this an issue?

We know that security, break in by smashing a window, is increased but this has the effect of reducing rescue capability by the same means.....just a thought

Archived