Damage to door during service

Hi all, 

I have a bit of an issue. I just recieved my aircooled 911 back from a major service at a very very reputable shop. Upon closer inspection at home, I noticed the bottom of my driver's door has a chip and paint missing. Probably the size of a quarter of a 5 cent coint. I've attached a photo of the damage and after I toched it up (very roughly - 2 coats with an artist brush). I'm guessing it's from opening the door while the car was on the hoist or something along those lines.

I'm aware accidents happen. I don't really want them to pay for the door to be painted or anything like that. It would be more of a hassle and I guess would create more problems at this stage with matching the paint etc. It's just been really inconvenient and annoying really. What would you do in my situation? 

Screenshot_20221113-190207_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221113-190553_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221113-190647_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221113-190701_Gallery.jpg

Difficult and painful when that happens. If indeed the shop did the damage , they might not even have noticed . It could also be that it happened before , but you only noticed it ,when you got your car back. Unlikely , but  possible.  I had scratches and scuff marks on my car after recent works done , only noticed it  at a later stage. Polished it out . As a general strategy , I have a good look over my car before I leave the workshop , and in the scenario that I find new damage, address it than and there.  To go back at a later stage , probably not the best idea. Chips , scratches , etc are happening from time to time anyway and i work on my car after most drives  ,“ polishing out’ the odd battle scar.        

I'd be curious to see a pic of it against a 5c coin, looks to be tiny by comparison with the jack plug. Not even worth worrying about, maybe just make mention of it when you next speak to them and remind them to take more care as to ensure it doesn't happen again. 

23 hours ago, hugh said:

I'd be curious to see a pic of it against a 5c coin, looks to be tiny by comparison with the jack plug. Not even worth worrying about, maybe just make mention of it when you next speak to them and remind them to take more care as to ensure it doesn't happen again. 

Not the size of a 5 cent piece. I said roughly around a quarter of the size, but it maybe smaller. 

Thanks anyway. Your and everyone else's response is what I expected. Touch it up and move on. I might remind them next service.