Steve Wong Chip “ANY GOOD” ?

911Gbanger

Hi Everyone,

I hope this question doesn’t annoy everyone as it’s probably been asked a million times!

Is the Steve Wong chip worth it or not?

I’ve already done the exhaust system, suspension and brakes are also done.

Now hoping to get some power out of the engine without having to open it up - Yet.

Any info  chip will be much appreciated 

Thanks

On 16/12/2022 at 21:41, 911Gbanger said:

Porsche 964

It works. And it's noticable. 

On my 964, I fittting a primary bypass and a Wong chip. The extra torque down low was VERY noticable. I didn't upgrade the flywheel for a lightweight one. 

The chip is likely the best value hp mod you can do to a 964 before opening it up. (and once you do that, all mods are drug money expensive)

On 26/12/2022 at 09:35, Mike D'Silva said:

On my 964, I fittting a primary bypass and a Wong chip. The extra torque down low was VERY noticable. I didn't upgrade the flywheel for a lightweight one. 

The chip is likely the best value hp mod you can do to a 964 before opening it up. (and once you do that, all mods are drug money expensive)

Thanks Mike,

Sounds like it’s worth giving  go.

Once chip and lightweight flywheel are Installed I will also update. 

Cheers 

On 26/12/2022 at 10:05, Mike D'Silva said:

Pretty much same experience, ‘drivability’ improved markedly, seemed to improve mid range torque / throttle response.  I’d do it in a heartbeat.  Coincidentally just about to chip (RSBarn) my 968 plus airbox mod, has a s/s ‘zorst. Report will follow.

Cheers,