Tamiya 992 GT3 coming

On 02/02/2023 at 17:50, LeeM said:

So that'll be $1500 by the time it gets here, then $3456 when the flippers want to unload them 🙄

maybe not ...

available to pre order in the UK at 112 pound so not far from a 220-250 retail here

https://www.timetunnelmodels.com/live/catalog/order-tamiya-58712-porsche-without-custom-deal-bundle-augustsept-2023-p-71004.html

time tunnel models wont ship here from their main website but will from their eBay store.

metro hobbies in Melbourne also have them to pre order but no price yet

hopefully they release some cool PC colours to paint them

33 minutes ago, epilot said:

maybe not ...

available to pre order in the UK at 112 pound so not far from a 220-250 retail here

https://www.timetunnelmodels.com/live/catalog/order-tamiya-58712-porsche-without-custom-deal-bundle-augustsept-2023-p-71004.html

time tunnel models wont ship here from their main website but will from their eBay store.

metro hobbies in Melbourne also have them to pre order but no price yet

hopefully they release some cool PC colours to paint them

I usually pre-order thru Metro, so will need to wait until they advise pre-orders are available.  I'm expecting price to be $250ish, perhaps up to $300.

Yep, will need a PS colour for Shark Blue!!  I have recently purchased an air brush and compressor, so might be able to find another brand colour to use, or a custom mix.

However, as release will be mid June, hopefully someone will sort out 3D printed parts and decent wheels for an RS version, in which case it will be white with green decals....

Just working on putting the ML-01 Boxster kit together at the moment, need to come up with a Speed Yellow paint, perhaps a thin coat of standard yellow backed with black???  I will experiment on some polycarbonate offcuts....