14 hours ago, GC9911 said:

Just WOW in my humble opinion. I know it’s elitist and all that stuff, but for us ocd’s this is what attention to detail is, now to find the coin or an alternate build??

Well you have got at least 4 years to find some dough ;)

14 hours ago, GC9911 said:

Just WOW in my humble opinion. I know it’s elitist and all that stuff, but for us ocd’s this is what attention to detail is, now to find the coin or an alternate build??

I'm sure any high end, respectable company/builder would have an ocd level of attention to detail...especially for a million bucks. That Street Machine of the year 911 sounds like ocd level. 

It's only money and time mate 😁👍

22 minutes ago, LeeM said:

.... would have an ocd level of attention to detail....

I'm not giving you a hard time Lee or Greg, it's just that OCD is often poorly understood and the term is thrown around.

OCD would significantly impact delivery. The obsessive, perfectionist and intrusive thoughts would typically override the ability to perform at the level of quality and productivity of the worker that these builds demand.

OCD is incredibly debilitating and most people wouldn't do anything that needed the attention focus for things like this. They just don't have the brain flexibility, adaptability or control required. The condition simply overwhelms the person.

Pride, attention to detail, quality of raw products and a good eye is what works well for these ultra high quality projects.

8 minutes ago, jakroo said:

I'm not giving you a hard time Lee or Greg, it's just that OCD is often poorly understood and the term is thrown around.

OCD would significantly impact delivery. The obsessive, perfectionist and intrusive thoughts would typically override the ability to perform at the level of quality and productivity of the worker that these builds demand.

OCD is incredibly debilitating and most people wouldn't do anything that needed the attention focus for things like this. They just don't have the brain flexibility, adaptability or control required. The condition simply overwhelms the person.

Pride, attention to detail, quality of raw products and a good eye is what works well for these ultra high quality projects.

And the highest skill level possible in their field.

50 minutes ago, tomo said:

And the highest skill level possible in their field.

Not really, that would be an uncommon outcome.

The compulsive behaviour interferes with the ability to concentrate on the task at hand.

OCD is very debilitating and while treatments result in a reduced compulsive nature, the side effects often cause other issues.

The trick is to not confuse terms like OCD, depression and anxiety with the more common and general behaviours of attention to detail, feeling down, and anxiousness respectively.

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

No offence taken mate. 

I get it all the time with clients saying they're 'OCD' when doing house repairs etc, yet in reality they're just fussy and like things done right. OCD is just a common and overused description by those who wish to express their level of being fussy...or a pain in the arse! 😁😉

Even trades I work with now n then call themselves OCD, yet I can assure you I correct them on that when I have to fix their work! 😅🙄

39 minutes ago, jakroo said:

Not really, that would be an uncommon outcome.

The compulsive behaviour interferes with the ability to concentrate on the task at hand.

OCD is very debilitating and while treatments result in a reduced compulsive nature, the side effects often cause other issues.

The trick is to not confuse terms like OCD, depression and anxiety with the more common and general behaviours of attention to detail, feeling down, and anxiousness respectively.

The people building the cars not the Ocd folk ;)