Singer Turbo in Melbourne Scam or truth

tomo

Had a look at some Singer’s at Tuthill’s last year, they had 4 or 5 from memory as they’re the official servicing / warranty people.

Controversial view here, but I wasn’t that impressed at the build quality. Nice cars, don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t kick one off the drive if I was given it but if these were representative, I’d be expecting issues.

2 of them had ~1500 miles on the clock and were in for snagging rectification. Looking at the lists, each one had at least 6 A4 pages of minor and not so minor issues. Paint on the front of each was showing plenty of stonechips, wouldn’t say the quality of it was all that good and the fancy leather recaros had signs of use. After only 1500 miles I’d be pretty pissed off, especially considering they’re meant to be shaken down for a couple of hundred miles in California before they leave. They may just have been driven particularly hard, but I’d expect better for my half a mill. 

A mate’s having a 911K built by Tuts, now that’s an impressive piece of kit and will be much rarer, think the guide told me they were only building a dozen. Andrew’s has just come out of paint, stunning amethyst colour.

9 minutes ago, Mike-S said:

Had a look at some Singer’s at Tuthill’s last year, they had 4 or 5 from memory as they’re the official servicing / warranty people.

Controversial view here, but I wasn’t that impressed at the build quality. Nice cars, don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t kick one off the drive if I was given it but if these were representative, I’d be expecting issues.

2 of them had ~1500 miles on the clock and were in for snagging rectification. Looking at the lists, each one had at least 6 A4 pages of minor and not so minor issues. Paint on the front of each was showing plenty of stonechips, wouldn’t say the quality of it was all that good and the fancy leather recaros had signs of use. After only 1500 miles I’d be pretty pissed off, especially considering they’re meant to be shaken down for a couple of hundred miles in California before they leave. They may just have been driven particularly hard, but I’d expect better for my half a mill. 

A mate’s having a 911K built by Tuts, now that’s an impressive piece of kit and will be much rarer, think the guide told me they were only building a dozen. Andrew’s has just come out of paint, stunning amethyst colour.

If I was in the market for a back dated 911 I would rather a Tuthill or Paul Stephens car than a Singer.

On 23/03/2023 at 13:33, hugh said:

I actually had a dream that I had a 935 last night in black. Was a wet one. 

A man with taste.

On 23/03/2023 at 13:38, Carrera28 said:

Not sure if its possible within the $2m budget but a 962 converted to road going would be my ultimate.

A man with impeccable taste .Finally.

My choice:

1. A 934.5 replica. Not unlike the Autohaus one but + Hairdryer.

2. 993GT2. 

3. Manual 782 Spyder. In an obscene colour. Carbon Buckets + PCCB.

4. A bag of Cobbers.