Motor Racing is Dangerous

Airhead

some of those unfortunately didn't look all that survivable. but It's always hard to tell

68pic19b.jpg

this is a mate of mines car through a hangar in NZ in the 60's at a tasman series race

Was at DECA Shepparton on Sunday competing with a Club and we were told of this recent accident

Be guessing there's no insurance on that one!

Perhaps he could claim it back on the manufacturer as one of them there self immolating Ferrari's'

You can get a lot of speed up (4th gear) but track surface is not in good condition !

Hope they do some maintenance (hasn't been done for a long time), so clubs/people can still use it regularly.

DECA say they will investigate - but hope they make the right decisions to keep the place open to all users,not just make easy decisions with too many restrictions.

(Or is it just a training ground for our state roads ?)

You can get a lot of speed up (4th gear) but track surface is not in good condition !

Hope they do some maintenance (hasn't been done for a long time), so clubs/people can still use it regularly.

DECA say they will investigate - but hope they make the right decisions to keep the place open to all users,not just make easy decisions with too many restrictions.

(Or is it just a training ground for our state roads ?)

Don't forget the ferrari factor, Mark.

Pebbles on the road and temps over 18deg is a ferrari acccident waiting to happen.

Holy Hellfire, that's a doosy. Excuse my ignorance but what is DECA? Looks like some old Airstrip with a makeshift track laid out. A real throwback to old Aussie tracks from decades ago if the pics are anything to go by. Can't believe just what a mess that car is. Makes me feel a lot better about my little incident. 

DECA - Driver Education Centre of Australia.

Huge concrete skid pan (lot of fun) - road traffic centre - back track (not race) 2km.

One of the few remaining places in VIC, car clubs can use.

Archived