Porsche 993 vs 996: Owner of Both Reveals The Truth

Thanks for posting, I've owned a couple of each & can report from my own experience that both are sensational cars. I agree with his assessment that the 996 is a good daily driver. If it's a hot day & you're facing heavy stop / start traffic the 996 is a winner every time !!! HOWEVER the build quality on the 993 is hard to beat.....in the 20 years I've owned my 993 I've had three 996's. I've had a lots of small things break on the 996's while besides general maintenance nothing (literally nothing) has broken on the 993. No broken plastic clips, no broken interior parts, no failed seat motors or electric windows....the 996 is no worse than any other road car but certainly no better. The 993 however is a different animal....crazy reliable, super solid, smells like a 911 should.....every drive feels "special" & it will always be my choice where open roads or mountains are involved....before I get lynched by the 996 guys I will say again....they are both sensational cars.....I'd happily buy another 996 but my heart will always be with my 993. 

Cheers,

Matt

I agree. My 996 GT2 and 997 GT3 were wonderful and are now gone to new owners. Both were truly great.
The 993 i have is however a really fun very special road car and likely my only keeper. It’s a bit next level in terms of real world fun.