WTB 987 Boxster

Cam Arnott

On the hunt for a good 987 manual, no longer wanting a 986. Made an offer on a 987 on the weekend but the owner decided to keep it......

Ideally no more than circa 100,000kms, full service history and preferably not black.

Bonus points if its in SA

Cheers

2 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

Honestly I like both and would happily have a 986 but my other half who the car is for prefers the more modern look of the 987 😉

Got to say the interior finish on the 987 is certainly generally better, especially if you can get full leather....

• 3 months later...
On 18/12/2023 at 15:00, Cam Arnott said:

On the hunt for a good 987 manual, no longer wanting a 986. Made an offer on a 987 on the weekend but the owner decided to keep it......

Ideally no more than circa 100,000kms, full service history and preferably not black.

Bonus points if its in SA

Cheers

Did you find a 987?

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2023 at 22:45, TwoHeadsTas said:

Got to say the interior finish on the 987 is certainly generally better, especially if you can get full leather....

Out of interest, do 987s have any engine related issues on the track.? Are they as robust as 981s?

17 minutes ago, DM911 said:

Out of interest, do 987s have any engine related issues on the track.? Are they as robust as 981s?

Suspect they may still require the deep oil sump like 996 and 997's do if they are consistently tracked.  Otherwise possible oil starvation issues????   Jeff @MFX may have a better idea....

9 hours ago, DM911 said:

I am no expert on the 987. That said when I had mine the research I did was that they are generally going to be Ok for the odd track day on street tyres. I have seen plenty of stock 987s at the track with no issues. If you are going to really start pushing things with heavy track use and sticky tyres, then you could possibly have issues on some tracks with oil starvation.

If you are going to track the car seriously, resulting in significant G-force effect on the oil, it's worth considering:

1. Motorsport oil sump baffle upgrade

2. Motorsport air/oil separator