944 Turbo For SAle

Airhead

Most people go broke owning a 944 once they get on the slippery slope of trying to go faster than Porsche intended, whereas I think people go broke owning 928s just keeping them running.... :)

Let me add :)

Yes 944s are expensive to own! Don't let the cheap price fool you lol!!

Flat torque.. That's probably a lie. You won't get a flat torque curve with a stock k26/6 or 26/8 unless midrange is detuned factory specs.  However, you can get a flat hp curve because the turbos do run out of breath very easily at higher boost levels resulting the torque to drop quickly. 

3" exhaust.. Great!! a good mod to do on a stock 944t. Those twin dump pipes? not so great IMO. 

Sounds like he has replaced everything so Turbo maybe non stock. I'd like more detail on his aftermarket computer and about his motor that is new/reco lol

Oh I see it was owned by a doctor so that makes a big difference ;)

Sounds like he has replaced everything so Turbo maybe non stock. I'd like more detail on his aftermarket computer and about his motor that is new/reco lol

Oh I see it was owned by a doctor so that makes a big difference ;)

I have doubt the turbo is aftermarket. And computer probably means chips. Some people are quite clueless when they talk about cars. His would be just rebuild engine hopefully the piston rings and bearings are done too. I would assume so. rebuild turbo like yours, and new syncros in the trans.

Possibly a good buy.

Still, it sounds like a pretty good deal if all is legit even if most of the parts are stock. Looks to be a tough market place if this car is going for $20k. Would be interested in how recent those invoices are and what they're actually for. To spend $60k you could do some pretty decent damage on mods. Still, it's someone else's gain. A clean, slightly warm 951 at $20k would give someone a LOT of enjoyment. More 911 guys should have a drive in one of these cars. They really are a good thing. 

• 1 month later...

Archived