Cayenne as tow vehicle

I'm going to take the Golf...

Oh , but you can't , it's just been recalled.

You bought a GOLF?

" I'm taking the Golf Frank " ..lol love that add

Seriously though, is all the negative press a beat up ? .. they're not that bad are they... I've always had a soft spot for the R32...

" I'm taking the Golf Frank " ..lol love that add

Seriously though, is all the negative press a beat up ? .. they're not that bad are they... I've always had a soft spot for the R32...

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130419/COPY01/304199847#axzz2VUNuPSn5

VW last month recalled 384,181 vehicles in China after state television featured complaints about vibrations, loss of power and sudden acceleration in models including the Golf.

China Central Television also reported that BMW, Audi and Mercedes owners experienced dizziness from asphalt in their vehicles.

"Even when it's unfounded, they have to react," Voedisch said. "It's something that doesn't go away and the Chinese media and online community will just accelerate and it'll stay there."

For what it's worth a mate of mine owns two Cayenne's ( the latest interior is pretty cool) and uses one to tow his trail bikes etc.When fitting a tow bar he did a bit of research and found it needs to be wired up (or what ever) in a particular way and by a Porsche professional or someone who inderstands the Cayenne set up as an error in the splice or something will end with a exceptionally hefty bill due to the way its all wired together. Just James could shed more light however it sure didn't cost the $250 parts and labour it cost me to put a tow bar on my Liberty. In fact it cost more than my race bike I tow.

For what it's worth a mate of mine owns two Cayenne's ( the latest interior is pretty cool) and uses one to tow his trail bikes etc.When fitting a tow bar he did a bit of research and found it needs to be wired up (or what ever) in a particular way and by a Porsche professional or someone who inderstands the Cayenne set up as an error in the splice or something will end with a exceptionally hefty bill due to the way its all wired together. Just James could shed more light however it sure didn't cost the $250 parts and labour it cost me to put a tow bar on my Liberty. In fact it cost more than my race bike I tow.

You need to separate the electrical load of the trailer from the vehicles electrical system, a lot of new cars are like this know, you could also have an issue if your car has LED tai lights... A good sparky will be able to wire in some resistors to bypass the errors..

I'm with Essay. I've had two V10 Touareg's, a 2004 and a 2008. I made a blue selling the last one, as I bought a farm not long after and it would have been perfect. I'm looking for another one now. Pulls the 911 on a heavy race trailer with fuel, tyres, and four guys on board like its empty. 

Standard version is easier to live with than an R50 and cheaper to buy. Higher profile tyres and same mechanically. Tows like nothing else. Never laid a spanner on either car, other than tyres and brakes which they eat. Hankook's fixed the tyre issue, and aftermarket brakes sorted the other one. Could never get excited about a Cayenne for towing after feeling the V10 torque in the Touareg. If only they had given it a name that made sense phonetically.

Thanks guys for your input, looks like the Touareg is the winner.

I'll let my head rule my heart.

Son works for Barloworld VW so at least service and parts should be ok.

I'm with Essay. I've had two V10 Touareg's, a 2004 and a 2008. I made a blue selling the last one, as I bought a farm not long after and it would have been perfect. I'm looking for another one now. Pulls the 911 on a heavy race trailer with fuel, tyres, and four guys on board like its empty. 

Standard version is easier to live with than an R50 and cheaper to buy. Higher profile tyres and same mechanically. Tows like nothing else. Never laid a spanner on either car, other than tyres and brakes which they eat. Hankook's fixed the tyre issue, and aftermarket brakes sorted the other one. Could never get excited about a Cayenne for towing after feeling the V10 torque in the Touareg. If only they had given it a name that made sense phonetically.

V10 TT tow rag is an extraordinary vehicle.  I drove one for a bit back in '04.  Amazing torque, 750Nm from memory.  Pulls like nothing else I've driven.  Frustrating though when the rev's run out at 4500.

Archived