"Clear Lens" enlightenment

Porsche

Clear or Amber Lenses  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Blinkers do you prefer?

• Amber Lens
    • Clear Lens

Hello to everyone,

I noticed alot of clear lenses on the 986 series, can someone tell us when the "clear blinkers" came to life.

My Boxster is a 2001 with amber blinkers, a lot of other 2001 models can be seen with clear lenses.

Some may have had them changed, but I have seen many "standard" cars with clear lenses that have not been touched!

Also following question:

Do you like clear or Amber lenses?

So many 911's were butchered in the 70's-80's and 90's and brought back to original at all cost!

Personally I have loved "Porsche's" all my life and like to see them "standard" as "God" made them!

IMG_0630_zps62e2dd31.jpg

As mentioned by Wasserkuhl, the amber lights were replaced in 2003 with the clear / gray lights, except for the USA vehicles.

My preference is for the clear / gray.  I think the amber lights are the only thing which dates the look of the Boxster.

So to BenC3, my car is as god made it too....with clear lenses.

I changed my fronts to clear as I think the amber makes the car look older (ie it's actual age) and I have new side markers to fit at some point. As my car isn't super collectible or valuable, I figure I can always change it back in 5 minutes if things change regarding value but as my car is just for me, I have gone with what I like. If it  was the other 86 turbo(930) I wouldn't touch a thing.

Go with what you prefer and if that offends the purists, so be it, as it is easy to revert to factory anyway

peace

Cyberpunky

God made us, Porsches and God made Porsche wheels (and Lenses etc) - if you want to mix and match so be it. 

You will Grin and God will still Smile !     :D      :)

God made Porsches and God made Porsche wheels (and Lenses etc) - if you want to mix and match so be it. 

You will Grin and God will still Smile !     :D      :)

This God person sounds like a decent bloke!!!

Archived