EaSy FiX'erUpPa MaTe!

Busy Sunday, Taz?  It's a bit new for you though. Unless you want to hot rod your car with a water cooled lump

Well the 924 could do with a motor that starts. Have spark ,air , fuel ,timing but somethin's not right. Let's pull the CDI apart , have just about deconstructed everything else. And it's raining so I am forced , reluctantly , indoors.

Hi all, im the current owner of this immaculate car!! Its an aborted race car project, I purchased it recently for the engine, trans and the brakes but plans have changed, I also have a caged 964 rolling chassis that will house the engine and trans very nicely for sale and im keen to clear it all out of the garage to concentrate on restoring my 73 911, so im open to offers for a quick sale... the 964 has perspex windows, carbon fibre doors (Stu's old doors), full fibreglass body kit, adjustable coil overs etc, mixed with the brakes, engine, trans from the 996 it will make a great toy...

Hi all, im the current owner of this immaculate car!! Its an aborted race car project, I purchased it recently for the engine, trans and the brakes but plans have changed, I also have a caged 964 rolling chassis that will house the engine and trans very nicely for sale and im keen to clear it all out of the garage to concentrate on restoring my 73 911, so im open to offers for a quick sale... the 964 has perspex windows, carbon fibre doors (Stu's old doors), full fibreglass body kit, adjustable coil overs etc, mixed with the brakes, engine, trans from the 996 it will make a great toy...

996 engine into a 964?

Has anyone done this? I mean anything's possible with elbow grease and some cash. Here's one , but with the Metzger engine http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/vehicle-marketplace/632517-1974-911-gt3-cup-race-car.html  Anybody hear of one of these FrankenPorsches in Oz?

As mentioned by Stu, I had a 68 with a 996 TT engine in it, it was a hell of a ride... cost a small fortune to do as the chassis had to be cut to make way for the turbo trans and there were other complications with computers etc,the 964 chassis has no torsion bars instead coil overs and the tunnel goes all the way to the front of the car to allow for the C4's front diff and tailshaft, so no problem with fitting the the C2 trans from the 996, the only real work involved is transmission and engine mounts and getting the wiring/plumbing sorted, there would no doubt be a few other hurdles along the way but nothing major, the C2 3.4 engine has 300hp at the flywheel, more than enough power in a well set up lightweight chassis to annoy most other cars at the track.... I have been attempting to upload pics of the 964 but not having alot of luck, will put some pics on gumtree tomorrow morning, its pink with yellow doors, ya carnt miss it!!!

Thanks SteamWolf, I've reduced the price to 13k for the 996 and 7k for the 964, neither of the cars can be registered, the 996 is a stat write off, the 964 is an import and the vin has been removed, I can help with transporting to a freight terminal etc.

• 1 month later...

Archived