So how do you get this stuff off then?

Uncle

Prepsol should work, I use it to get adhesive signs off our company trucks after a couple of years. Most panel beaters have it in 20 Ltr drums, probably need about 1 Ltr for that job. Wipe it over a small area at a time then wipe/scrape it off, good luck Martin.

Geez Kelly, you know all the good drugs!

Lol, that knowledge came from stripping the interior of the 944 and having to make high octane fuel when I couldn't get race gas for the turbo easily.  Xylene is even worse, albeit higher octane.

Well it laughed at prepsol,thinners,petrol,acetone,turps and metho. So with that lesson learnt I put the motor back in lol. It can wait till I am ready to paint the whole car.

Kelly,only bad things will come from me having Toluene in the shed and a 915 gearbox. 

Well it laughed at prepsol,thinners,petrol,acetone,turps and metho. So with that lesson learnt I put the motor back in lol. It can wait till I am ready to paint the whole car.

Kelly,only bad things will come from me having Toluene in the shed and a 915 gearbox. 

Bad like +5PSI ? :D

• 2 weeks later...

did you try a heat gun on there to see if you can soften it up before you apply some sort of chemical?

otherwise, maybe try yelling at it and see if it's easily intimidated

Archived