What is this Boxster Cabriolet and what is it worth?!?!?

James97....just wanted to let you know that we all share your enthusiasm for Porsches....particularly in my case, the Boxster.

I apologise for "raining on your parade" regarding the local laws about P-plate restrictions.  You did mention that you were on your learners and my understanding of Victorian laws is that you are on P-plates for 4 years in total?

A lot of members of this forum are interested in preserving the car as it was originally delivered.  Thinking back to when I was in my late teen's and dreaming of owning a car such as a Porsche, I had an entirely different perspective on the matter than I do now.  The car you are looking at has been modified quite extensively, so much so that it is no longer the taste of most of the current forum members.  That doesn't mean you can't buy it and drive it and enjoy it!  In the words of a great friend of mine..."why not?".

So if you are able to satisfy local licencing laws and your heart is set on this car, then go for it!  Leverage the information you have received from this forum and bid sensibly!  Chances are, if you get this car and are able to experience the joys of owning and driving it, then you will, no doubt, go on to bigger things.

With that in mind, you can negotiate the price in your favour, mentioning such things as possible issues with the IMS bearing, the fact that it isn't a "S" model, despite the side scripts, plus a lot of other issues which you are already aware.  Consensus appears to be around the $10k - $12k mark, don't go higher than that!  A quick browse of CarSales will deliver lots of low priced Boxsters which are totally straight and ready to drive at not much more cost.

Someone in their 50s, driving a car looking like that would attract snorts of derision, but someone in their late teens, early 20s, would look hot!  It's a potent vehicle and requires a level of maturity.  Respect the marque and behave accordingly

I wish you well with your project...but as always, let the buyer beware!  Keep us posted!

Good luck!

As a young guy you'll want to put the car on the track etc.

Put a $5K MX5 into the wall and you'll cry a bit

Put a $10K old Boxster into the wall... and you and your wallet will cry a LOT.

Just my 2 cents having had an MX5, Lotus Elise, and now picking up a 997.

Archived