Looking to find my original 911 sc.

Rod C

Hi all,

not sure of the rules for this forum but Im going to have a try at locating my original 911 sc.

As a young teenager I had a passion to own a  Porsche 911 and after many years of hard work I bought this car in the early 90s at the age of 25  and owned it for three years until it was time to settle down get married and buy a house.

The car was a stock standard 1979 911sc in GrandPrix white,Australian delivered, black interior with red tartan inserts,air conditioning but no sunroof.

I do have numbers for the car but not sure if these can be disclosed for privacy reasons so hopefuly someone can advise me.

So here  I am 20 years down the track and just as keen as ever to get back behind the wheel of a 911 which hoppefuly will be sooner rather than later but often over the years I have wondered what ever became of my teenage dream.

If anyone might know of this car  I would realy like to here from them and maybe I can fill in some of the history of the vehicle. Cheers. 

Hi all,

not sure of the rules for this forum but Im going to have a try at locating my original 911 sc.

As a young teenager I had a passion to own a  Porsche 911 and after many years of hard work I bought this car in the early 90s at the age of 25  and owned it for three years until it was time to settle down get married and buy a house.

The car was a stock standard 1979 911sc in GrandPrix white,Australian delivered, black interior with red tartan inserts,air conditioning but no sunroof.

I do have numbers for the car but not sure if these can be disclosed for privacy reasons so hopefuly someone can advise me.

So here  I am 20 years down the track and just as keen as ever to get back behind the wheel of a 911 which hoppefuly will be sooner rather than later but often over the years I have wondered what ever became of my teenage dream.

If anyone might know of this car  I would realy like to here from them and maybe I can fill in some of the history of the vehicle. Cheers. 

Was it defiantly a 79? as you have just described my car apart from the year (mine is a 78) and the seat inserts..

Good luck with your project Rod C.    Photos have got to be a big help..  

If it's still out there I'm sure someone from the PFA will know it or have seen it.  

If not we'll do an "APB" on it for a challenge, if you have no success with the authorities or P dealers.   

As Harves said, best of luck there with them..

Archived