I love my wife

My wife loves the fact that our 16 month old son stands at the back door and upon hearing me arrive (g-pipe and cat bypass), yells; DADDYDADDYDADDYDADDYDADDYDADDYDADDYDADDY!  Yes, as one word.

She wasn't sure at first but now she's devoted.

Told my totally uninterested wife that my 993 needed some engine work. Around $4-5k should do it was my response......

Then she says "Arrrgggghgggghhhhh. All that money spent on your cheap old Porsche, just go out and buy a new one. At least I like the new ones."

So I fell over, got up, checked she was not taking the p155. Nope, she was serious

So might be time to add another one (probs not a good time to show her a 356)

Wow, she thinks a 993 is old? I see it as barely out of school!

Women are weird that way. Who teaches them that newer=automatically better?

AHEM!  Not sure i like your generalisation there Mister!

:P

But as a woman with a relative puppy of a car, you can share the secret with us ? Or are you all sworn to secrecy in a plot to keep men guessing, and car companies continuously fiddling with perfectly good models?

But as a woman with a relative puppy of a car, you can share the secret with us ? Or are you all sworn to secrecy in a plot to keep men guessing, and car companies continuously fiddling with perfectly good models?

Weeeelllllllllllllllll  I can't really answer that as I'm a petrol head!  

The world revolves around 'newer is better'  marketing - how else do they make money!

Truth be known, I bought the Boxster thinking that being a newer car my partner would like it more - that backfired on me in a large way and in hindsight, I might as well have had that Targa 911s Sporto I was coverting because the newer car is hated anyway! We never take it anywhere...    so truth be known, I don't know the answer to this one!

• 2 weeks later...

As Nike says "just do it" and fight the battle later. That's what I do. Having said that I have been married 4 times, wonder if my attitude has something to do with that?

Archived