You just wonder who raised these kids...

Pauly

Never understood the tire stretching/camber/dumped ride thing. For me cars should only be modded to make them better. Was shocked when they started fitting heavy chromed steel wheels to cars and raising the unsprung weight, so I shouldn't be surprised we have a generation degrading their cars performance to look like something out of a japanese anime cartoon at the expense of drive-ability. Even when stance looks OK I still think it is pretty stupid thing to do to a perfectly good working car.

The whole concept of some local workshop having a "better" setup using some aftermarket crap makes me laugh.

Having worked for three manufacturers I can honestly say....they have more money, and they know what they're doing.

The whole concept of some local workshop having a "better" setup using some aftermarket crap makes me laugh.

Having worked for three manufacturers I can honestly say....they have more money, and they know what they're doing.

so your saying you cannot improve on a cars performance using aftermarket parts?

lol

so your saying you cannot improve on a cars performance using aftermarket parts?

lol

I'm with Hounddub on this one.  I've also worked for a few auto makers over the journey.  There are some very good aftermarket products.  There's some crud too.  Car makers spend a lot of time and money developing setups and products which have to perform well in a broad variety of conditions and driving styles.  And last the distance with a warranty.  How many after market suppliers give a 5 year warranty?  

It's all about balance.  Any mods. to a car need to be done with thought given to how it affects other areas of the car.  Done right, mods to any car can get some great results and vice versa.  

lol

to be perfectly honest, I'm okay with TUV approved OEM replacement stuff and I know full well that manufacturers like TRW sell the "generic" versions of parts they manufacture for OEM.

But, for the most part I'm not really keen on non-genuine and get totally frightened off by aftermarket parts and enhancements that make big claims. Maybe that comes from detonating a Renault Megane RS motor with a generic remap some years ago. NEVER AGAIN!

Archived