Christmas drinks in July

Guest Harold

Guest Harold

Against my better judgement, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in drinks or some other get together somewhere in July to celebrate....whatever. If you are then pop a post here with a preference for weekend or week night.

One idea I had, there is a European car show on the first Sunday of each month at Terrey Hills with free coffee and croissants and that just happens to be the beginning of McCarrs Creek Rd which is newly surfaced and a bit bendy.

You probably have way better ideas than me (my wife and staff tell me I have no idea) so post a day/time and idea. If we can find 10 takers I will organize it (groan) together with a lucky door prize, and no, it won't be a date with Julia.

Knowing how much you love organising things Harold, I'm going to state here and now that I'm IN....date with Julia would be fine!  Actually, a date with anyone would be fine...!!??   :o

Harold,

Nothing like a bit of forward planning ….

I would definitely be keen - weekends work better for me, but happy to go with consensus views. No inspiring suggestions from me on location - I know my limitations.

Harold, for someone who doesn't like planning things you do a great job at it. Weekend would be preferable for me and you suggestion of the car show sounds like a good one.

Cheers

Steve

Guest Harold

I got a great idea Harold, let's have drinks on your riviera! :lol:

I guess if we do the European car show at terrey hills followed by a drive down McCarrs creek rd we could pull into church point and have a glass of champagne in the berth as the road goes past the marina. Happy to consider that.

I guess if we do the European car show at terrey hills followed by a drive down McCarrs creek rd we could pull into church point and have a glass of champagne in the berth as the road goes past the marina. Happy to consider that.

Your alright mate, your alright!

Guest Harold

So the list begins:

Caver

Baso

Edgy

Steve

Tony

Uncle

Stardust

Dovish

Me

In the absence of any alternative I will confirm the date of the car show at Terrey Hills and order some champagne for the boat. There is a restaurant at the marina that has very good food and overlooks Pittwater, if you take your other half I recommend the place for lunch. The one thing that occurs to me is that this is a bit dependent on the weather. I should have thought of this whilst it was summer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Harold

so, updating the list for Christmas in July. The list is:

Caver
Baso
Edgy
Steve
Tony
Uncle
Stardust
Dovish
Me

Stephen S

Ben C3.0

It should be a great day and I do think it will be subject to the weather. The concept of showing off ones car in the rain AND cold is not exactly attractive to most owners.

Guest Harold

Ok, went to the restaurant tonight had dinner and chatted to the manager. The date is Sunday July 6th at Cavallino Restaurant corner of McCarrs Creek Rd and Yulong Ave Terrey Hills. 94501777 will find them.

The thing starts at 8am and goes to 10am and the place puts on a sausage sizzle breakfast free of charge. It is a European car show and they get the Lambo and Ferrari clubs most months as well as a few others. They run a Peoples Choice competition where the prize is a free 6 course degustation dinner for 2. There is off street parking for circa 20 cars and the rest park on the road in front of the place. They get a lot of cars each month. To be eligible for the prize we need to pre register with the owners name, year and model number of the car and they will make up a small card to go on the windscreen. If you want to enter then send me the details closer to the day and I will send one email with it all on. I will provide my work email so your personal details are not in public view on the web site. It is Harold@hbalearningcentres.com.au

We can then cruise down to church point and enjoy a glass of bubbly. I haven't yet worked out the parking at the marina, there are about 40 casual spots which do fill up quite early as the restaurant is very popular. I will work on that.

Please don't say you will attend if you do not intend to be there as my wife and I will be catering for you at the marina.

Stay safe and don't accumulate points over Easter.

the place puts on a sausage sizzle breakfast free of charge. 

I bet you $8 (the price I paid for an egg and bacon roll the last time I went) that the brekky isn't free.

I'm still in but I don't want you and your lovely, tolerant wife to stump up the catering for my freeloading fat @rse. I'm more than happy to kick the tin. In fact I insist.

Cheers.

Thanks Harold!  Perfect!

Just a word though, Cars & Coffee is getting quite popular.  So get there very early if you want to park anywhere near the restaurant.

Great thanks Harold see you there

My SO will be coming, closer to the date lets organise a list for us all to bring something then you don't have to support us

Cheers

Tony

Please don't say you will attend if you do not intend to be there as my wife and I will be catering for you at the marina.

Stay safe and don't accumulate points over Easter.

Thanks for hosting us mate, BUT now I feel bad for suggesting it, because I know how much you love organising things!! :lol: Any chance you guys will have your young guy there Harold? If so I will bring my son along too. if not thats okay.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Harold

Guys, I am sorry but can someone else take over organizing this? My wife has, today, booked us into Thredbo for two weeks and it includes the Sunday chosen. It is school holidays and we have a 10 year old so we can't fiddle with the dates. Humble apologies to all.

I'm guessing the date with Julia is out too???

If nothing else crops up, then I'm happy to host some drinks and nibbles at my humble townhouse in Thornleigh after Cars & Coffee.

Bring a Pizza and a beer!

Let me know!

Archived