It looks like I've sprung a leak

ByronBayChris

Went for a spirited drive today for 2 hours or so in the Hinterland.... Lots.of narrow winding empty roads with unsigned speed limits. Thoroughly blasted the cobwebs.

However just checked the car a couple of hours later and it seems to have wet itself between the front wheels.

Googled, but found nothing yet.

What should I be looking at first?

DSC_0125_20140411163123541_zpsizhhfjcw.j

Power steering or brake fluids would be a little more obvious in their consistency and feel.

Has the wet patch evaporated?

Air con over flow.

Water washer leak (unlikeky).

Chris,

I would check if the area under the spare wheel is wet first as the puddle appears to be under the drain holes for this area.  There are 3 rubber drains tubes that "vent" this area and if you had anything in the boot area that leaked, including the brake master cylinder or battery, it would end up here.

It's not likely to be the washer bottle as it is mounted high above the front of the LHS front wheel and is protected by the inner guard liner and would just puddle around that wheel if it was leaking.

If you tried the headlight washers when you parked it and one of the hoses is disconnected, this would create a similar puddle.

(I actually have the front bumper off mine at the moment to do a couple of jobs so I'm quite familiar with this part of a 993!)

It did appear watery with a slight oily feel (didn't taste it :unsure: )

Brake fluid tastes like Mexican, Power steering fluid tastes like Pepperoni

P.S you really shouldnt try to taste it to prove me wrong though......

looks like your coolant has leaked out

I'm guessing it's A/C drain from your evaporator, there's a hose poking out in front of the foot well that'll be where the water comes from (it's good news it's working and not disconnected in a way!)

Archived