76 Carrera 3.0 in Victoria

tartan would be a killer in this.

if the mechanicals were tight and the rust...ahem not more than slight I reckon I could live with a westfields quality paint job for awhile...41k certainly uinder market value, but so is its presentation. 

I reckon you'd still be spending 5-10k+ in the first year unless it has had a great service and replacement - you going to buy it Mike?

no.. just shared it for everyone else to talk about..

I'm flying down to Syd to pick mine up on Saturday... 

and then I WILL NOT LOOK AT ANY WEBSITES FOR 2 YEARS MINIMUM......... there is simply too much stuff coming up for grabs.

and then I WILL NOT LOOK AT ANY WEBSITES FOR 2 YEARS MINIMUM......... there is simply too much stuff coming up for grabs.

Haha self.imposed website lockout. I'll give it a week

I spoke to Tim (current owner) it sounds like a good base for a full restoration or for someone looking for a track car.

It's vin 9117600XXX, I wont post here what it is exactly but he has had a few calls from people wanting to know the VIN before asking anyhting else lol.

He has ownerd it 3.5yrs and has done 1500km in that time so thats his main reason for sell, lack of use. Service history back to 2002 and last serviced (minor) 6 months ago. He bought it from someone in WA. I forgot to ask about any history on rebuild but by the looks of the pictures, price and talking to the current owner it is all origional apart from the seat inserts.

I question the origionality of the breakbooster tho. I haven't seen a Carrera 3.o with one. I will have to look up my books, anyone know?

Anyway sounds like a good buy to me. Considering the red one that sold 6-8months ago in the same condition but not running for 45k I dont see it lasting long if it is as advertised.

I have been thinking I would like a project car. I wonder if guy next door wants to rent out his empty double car garage.

What did you end up buying?

Funny, I said the same thing about looking at other cars on the market, lasted a few weeks and then i started looking again:) In saying that nearly a year later and no regrets at all.

My car is a way far better car now than when I bought a year ago, but that first day and the drive back to Brisbane is still the best day of ownership to date! Hope you have a great drive back.

Still waiting for an update!

Car is not quite as "easy" to drive as the cayman...

Thats because you now have a real mans car! none of that poncy lah de dah power steering,ABS light girly clutch and gears that find themselves  :P

Hope all that goes wrong is a few iffy GPS directions, did the same trip nearly a year ago and loved it. Although i did it in one go, just saying..... ;)

getting to armidale took longer than I thought... im here now....

gps got me lost a bit with some new roads... 

hopefully get some photos for you tomorrow...

Car is not quite as "easy" to drive as the cayman...

Mike - your Armadale / Armidale post is very cryptic. We are on tender hooks to see if your plane was NSW or VIC bound. I can see a 3.0 white Carrera in your future. Happy and safe driving home over Easter.

Ps well done for turning back from the dark side, you will love the smells, growl and ideosyncries of air cooled life.

No... I didn't buy that 3.0... That came on the market literally one day after I agree to do the deal on the Targa... Yes, I got a 1970 car. Just love that long bonnet style and couldn't afford similar condition coupe. Makes all the right noises and some.... Not so right???

Archived