FINALLY , Got my first Porsche

Well, I did it. Bought my first porsche.

After looking for many months , amny PPIs, and lots of test drives, I bought a nice car

2000 Model 3.4L 996

For all the NON beleivers ofwater cooled cars, These things are amazing. OK , it sno collectable 930, (I really wanted to buy one) I will get one one day to add to my car and bike collection.

I have test drove many cars, air cooled and water cooled, and all i can say is that they are ALL good cars.

As long as it has a Porsche logo on the bonnet, its a good thing.

As far as Bang for your buck, which was the MAIN factor for me with a budget of around 60k, i beleive i have made the right decission. These 996 cars are unbeleivable to drive for having your first porsche.

I dont undersatnd why people bag these cars out.

I read many rewiews, watched many old reveiws and not a bad thing was said about these cars back in the day. Im baffeled as to why so many people dont like these cars, after all, its only around 50k.

Yes, there are many more "better " model Porsches out there, but i dont have 100k to buy a 997.

I didnt want a Boxter , I didnt want a caynman, I wanted a 911.

Ive been around and owned many different high performance cars and bikes, and these 996 cars are , in my opinion , the best value for money porsche you can buy if you have a limited budget.

The are extremly cabable cars and ive only had mine for a day!!

So, here is what i bought

2000 model 996, 3.4L 6 speed manual

When new, this car cost $238,000

I paid $53,000

It only has 54,000 Km on the clock and is in MINT condition.

The Genuine porsche accessories alone was pushing 40k!!

Customer order paint ,( Metalic,) Porsche Australia said its the only one in the country and mabey the world!!

Carbon interior pac,

Carbon gear knob and hand brake

Factory lowred

factory "turbo" wheels

Sports seats

Embroided seats

headlight washers

3 spoke steering wheel

Crest wheel caps

Porsche stability management ( must have been an extra on early 996 cars)

Package X70 X71 X54, ( if anyone knows what the hell that is please let me know! It cost $4000)

I cant seem to be able to upload photos, so if someone can do it for me i can send a few pics.

I am extremly happy with this car, and for those of you thinking of buying your first Porsche, you should really consider these cars.

Extremly great value for the cash, You can buy a 1\4 of a million dollar super car for around 50k! that in my book is great value.

I also think, if you look after your car , you will always get back what you paid.

Thanks to all here with suggestions and help. Much appreciated.

ALWAYS get a PPI

Dan

Welcome aboard Dan,

To post photos it has to be done via photobucket or similar.

Steps.

1/ Set up a free account with Photobucket

2/ Upload required photo to Photobucket.

3/ Copy link in "IMG" in the list of "Links To Share this Photo" You achieve this by simply left clicking on the box

4/ Open PFA and paste into your post

Here is what it looks like on the PB site

Capture.jpg

Sorry, it's a bit of a dog's breakfast, but that is the way that it has to be done.

After you have done it a couple of times you will not find it difficult

Pain in the a*se, but not difficult

Dave

I didnt want a Boxter

I cant seem to be able to upload photos, so if someone can do it for me i can send a few pics.

Dan

Ouch......only joking RAAF, each to their own, your car sounds great, congratulations, you have made a good choice by the sounds of it.

If you would like someone to post up some photos for you send me a PM and I will send you my personal email address and get them up for you. If you get yourself a PHOTOBUCKET account that will help you. No charge to open one up.

We rests advice and instructions should help you, if not, let me know

Ouch......only joking RAAF, each to their own, your car sounds great, congratulations, you have made a good choice by the sounds of it.

If you would like someone to post up some photos for you send me a PM and I will send you my personal email address and get them up for you. If you get yourself a PHOTOBUCKET account that will help you. No charge to open one up.

We rests advice and instructions should help you, if not, let me know

Thanks mate,

I have nothing against any particular car at all, especially if the owner loves his \her car

Thanks for that, i will send u PM and send through a few pics shortly. appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

DSC_9130.jpg

AND HERE IT IS RAAFREBEL/Dan's new 996 3.4L   Have to say Dan.....NICE :)

Congratulations on the purchase I think you have got plenty of Bang for your Buck with that one, and it is a stunner.

DSC_9120.jpg

DSC_9127.jpg

DSC_9133.jpg

DSC_9144.jpg

Damn you Dan.....I love that car.......(mind working overtime).....can I......Would I..... In a heartbeat. Now to start laying some very slight foundation stones......

I thought it was silver

Thanks for posting Niko, I will send you a couple more shortly as ive added a few things! .

No, not silver, Customer order paint, its like champane\silver\light gold.... whatever it is, it looks great.

The Original build sheet which i have, states that it has $38,000 worth of genuine factory extras. I think i got a great deal only has 53,000 km..... 54,000km...., hang on , no it has 54,500km! I cant keep out of it!!

put 2 new rear tyres on it yesterday and a couple nice stripes on the bottom of the doors.

These cars are outstanding to drive.

Its a very hard color to photogragh. but it looks great in the flesh. as for the sticker, I like it, it also looks better in the flesh, I dont mind racing stripes\stickers, at least you can take em off !

Archived