911 Porsche ownership no longer a dream

I have finally made the first exciting step of purchasing my first Porsche and I can tell already that this is going to turn into a life long passion. After lots of research, searching, and careful selection, I finally found the car that ticked every box that I had on my personal wish list for this first time round. The final result was one that I thought would never become a reality. I have no regrets at all...actually that's a slight lie as I do regret that I didn't bite the bullet and do it sooner. I have the added bonus that my wife has shown absolute support right from the start of the research period and now she loves being my co pilot and our kids (11yo and 8yo) fit in the back seats comfortably with a couple years of growing room still. Yes, I did go slightly over my original spend budget but it is so worth every cent when I sit in that drivers seat and pinch myself to realize this is not dream. So what is it you ask. Well I ended up with a guards red 2009 997 gen2 Carrera S PDK. I added a couple personal touches with the Techart 20" wheels and the GT3 wing but I didn't want to radically modify it so if I ever choose to sell it to a purist, I can put the original 19" wheels back on and swap the boot lids and it's done. I have also just fitted some custom plates to add that personal ID to it. I envisaged I would only use this car as a weekender and do around 5000 kms a year but I just find it so hard to resist the enjoyment from driving it and so far in 3 weeks I have already clocked up 3000 kms. These cars (as many of you already know) are so drivable and practical in every way and I find every drive quite an enjoyable emotional experience. Anyway, I just wanted to share my joy with you and say thank you to anyone who helped with advice along the research path. I'll try and upload a couple pictures today sometime.

Cheers Scott

welcome to the forum - very nice! love seeing guards red on a newer car too

PDK is a very impressive gearbox too (and I personally wouldn't miss a manual at all) although I might be slightly biased

Congrats, Scott......

I still remember when I first got mine.... Still can't wipe the smile off my face every time I even see it in the driveway....

Enjoy..... more pics please....

You will have to wait for one of the more seasoned pros to explain that one to you....

You need to have an external hosting site and upload the pictures from there to the forum....

This site only has a small allowance for photos per account....

Someone will pipe in and explain it to you....

I just remove past pics and then put new pics up then remove them later and so on..... 

Cool. Yeah just kind of worked that out. I am planning to get some better pics when the weather clears soon.

The next thing that I would like to do to the car is put some adjustable suspension all round so it can be programmed to sit pretty (nice and low) when parked and raise a bit for practical driving. Does anyone know where I should start looking in regard to this?

Congratulations Scott! I'm sure you have realized that red ones go faster.................. :)

It is a funny thing as when I was a toddler playing with my first remote controlled car which just so happened to be a black Porsche, I thought that Black was the only colour that Porsche made as I had never seen another colour until I started taking more notice in my teenage years and I spotted a Red 930 Turbo one day in the flesh and I was colour converted from that day on. Couldn't believe my luck when I actually stumbled across this one which ticked every box for me...even the colour! And yes, of course they go faster ;)

Archived