The weather and The Drive

Pam986

Hi all,

I never imagined having to think about the weather when taking a drive, but now it seems almost the most important thing now that the nice sunny days are on their way. I had planned to take a drive down to Phillip Island on Sunday as the weather was meant to be sunny and 19 but now the forecast has changed and it will be raining and 17, maybe colder. So now I am thinking I will take the drive on Saturday when it is meant to be 21 and sunny!  :D  Only because I want to drive with the top down in my Boxster ( the only way to drive it) Anyone else doing a drive on the weekend?

Eagerly awaiting Summer days!

Pam

Check out my blog: http://porschelifestyleaustralia.com/its-only-the-beginning/ 

My wife and I often comment on how we used to be able to just jump in the car and go for a long drive somewhere. Now our weekends are filled with gymnastics, swimming lessons, kids birthday parties etc. So if I get the opportunity to go for a drive now it would be rain hail or shine. I'll take every opportunity as it comes. Tonight I'm off to Heathcote for a bucks party so the old girl (car, not wife) is coming with me for a well overdue run. There's even a dirt road (Gasp!) to navigate but I'm just looking forward to some quality time in my pride and joy...

Rain can be a spoiler, but then again some of the funnest times I've had in my cars have been in rain as they handle a bit differently and it can become more rewarding taking the perfect corner.

Top down I understand your dilemma as I hired a Boxster over 5 years back and it was raining. Look on the bright side that it's a mechanical driven roof instead of needing to jump out of your car like you would need to with the Boxster Spyder or Speedster so you can easily grab patches where you can take the top down when you're at a slower speed.

My wife and I often comment on how we used to be able to just jump in the car and go for a long drive somewhere. Now our weekends are filled with gymnastics, swimming lessons, kids birthday parties etc. So if I get the opportunity to go for a drive now it would be rain hail or shine. I'll take every opportunity as it comes. Tonight I'm off to Heathcote for a bucks party so the old girl (car, not wife) is coming with me for a well overdue run. There's even a dirt road (Gasp!) to navigate but I'm just looking forward to some quality time in my pride and joy...

Oh yeah I hear ya. As I have only had my P car for a couple of months it feels like it has been nothing but rain and cold weather. I just want to drive with the roof down. Look out Phillip Island, tomorrow is gonna be a good day!  :D  Oh and have a blast tonight!

I bought a wetsfield clubman from Sydney a few years back, flew to Sydney, handed over the cheque and drive home in 11 degrees and hail. One of he most memorable drives I've had, at 110 the rain (hail) goes right over the top and I was toasty in my ski jacket and beanie. Traffic lights at the Melbourne end were a problem though....!

This was my first night with my Porsche and it was literally freezing but I still drove with the top down, it was such a thrill!!! (And still is) ;)

http://porschelifestyleaustralia.com/when-the-dream-becomes-the-drive/

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I wasn't aware anyone in Australia was fitting the IMS solution. My search att showed only the original manufacturer was fitting them. Not a bad price either.

Thanks again.

Love the Porsche. Love the Boxter.

Archived