1990 964 C4 Melbourne

poli84

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to know the car was repaired well.  I bet there were some other nice Porsche's at P&C.  They have a very good reputation, albeit quite pricey.

If you want sumfink done proper...

Glad she's back and you're happy Poli. 

Good as new B)

Indeed. No one likes being involved in an accident but the replaced bumpers were the worst panels on the car, poor alignment in the rear also.

If you want sumfink done proper...

Glad she's back and you're happy Poli. 

Very happy, thanks again KGB.

It would be a good time to get come clear film on that shiny front end.....................

Potentially, it is just the bumper that got the new paint. Bonnet is still original with the same amount of (touched up), stone chips. I had never thought about clear film but will look into it.

Any recommendations? 

Slight interior freshen up with a new set of genuine Porsche over matts. Ordered from Sean at Porsche Doncaster who is excellent and they arrived within the week. Not as plush as the originals they replace and the colour is not an exact match but they look great and have tidied up the interior nicely. I was going to go for some Coco Matts but at over $500 delivered thanks to our exchange rate and these being only $275, it was a no brainer to stay OEM. 

Next step is to have a passenger side cushion bolster and driver side seat squab bolster redone by Leather Creations in Cremorne. 

IMG_5533_zps2ihc3hxl.jpg

IMG_5534_zps2tdb7efe.jpg

IMG_5535_zpswhfiki2w.jpg

He's pretty good!

Thanks mate, he was your tip!

I was initially going to get the front two seats completely re-dyed to look like new but my current thought is to just get the two bad bolsters (mentioned above) done and then leave the rest of the seats with their natural wear. Leather Creations have said they will be able to match the new sections to the rest of the seats. They are pretty good apart from the two bolsters that need attention. Thoughts?

I'm also going to re-do the blue piping myself, I have the correct paint and an artists brush, did a trial section and was very happy with how it came out. 

Sure have! They look great other than the two bolsters that need attention. 

Passenger seat right hand side squab bolster - discolouration 

Driver's seat back right bolster - general wear

You can see both in the shot above (just) but they look good for 26 year old linen grey seats

• 3 months later...

Following on from thoughts above, I was unsure whether to just have the two bolsters resprayed or the entire front two seats. Discussed it over with Bill from Leather Creations and decided to get the whole lot done.

Very happy with the outcome and the work that Leather Creations did. I then went home and re-painted my blue piping with the correct blue leather dye which i had already ordered from the UK. End result is brand new looking front seats but still with the creases and signs of a loved life. Having fresh Linen Grey seats really demonstrates how quickly a seat gets dirty. Before and afters to follow but the photos don't do it justice. 

Before:

IMG_5664_zpsusqywxcm.jpg

After:

IMG_5847_zpshksv19wv.jpg

IMG_6271_zpszilum9ga.jpg

I've been wanting to fit a set of D90's for some time as I've really grown to love their look. The previous owner had sold the rears when I purchased the car so I had only the front pair. Tracked down a pair of rears for $150 each and was happy enough to run them, not in a perfect condition (signs of life but not abuse). Unfortunately when I went to pick them up last week I was surprised and disappointed to see that one wheel had been painted by a colour blind human, using their un-preferred hand and with a deodorant can.

This forced a refurbishment of that one wheel. I couldn't have just one wheel looking good so I have decided to refurbish all four wheels and dropped them off this morning. I use a panel beater out in Mitcham, they did my Cups too and have done about 3 sets of wheels for me in the past. They are not concourse but they do the job to a standard I am happy with and for a good price.

Hopefully will get the wheels back next week and I will mount them up ASAP. I'm going to hunt for a set of spacers also, 10mm front and 7mm rear with extended bolts, etc. 
Cup 1's will return in the spring, wrapped in a set of Michellin PS2s.

IMG_6269_zpso3zeb0yp.jpg

The seats look fantastic!

I did my D90's in the same colour as GT3 rims.. didn't like them that much in the end.

Thanks Mike.

This is my motivator for the D90's, I think this looks absolutely AWESOME!

Kinda suits your color combo vibe really well.

Thanks, I agree. Even tempted to switch back to the Flag Mirrors while the D90's are on but I think that swap is a pain in the ass so further investigation is required. 

hey poli, love what you are doing.. i refurbed my d90s with a blackout on the horizontal surfaces.. looks great and hides the brake dust

Thanks Hughsey! I remember your refurbished D90's very well after your EOI for sale thread. They look really good are very different to what you normally see. 

Check my unicorn thread for before and after shots on leather seats

Don't know how it will work on redyed seats though. Cheers

I haven't tried but I have been thinking about this a bit lately and wondering just how good the product is at getting out the creases. I will read over your thread again, might be worth a shot for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

D90's are back from refurbishment and I must say, they look fantastic. Can't wait to get these mounted up.

Just dropped all four off at Donellans in Collingwood. Was going to just get tyres for the rears as the fronts still had plenty of tread but have decided on four new tyres. Firstly, running different tyres is not something I like doing but first and foremost, the front tyres were 10 years old and despite looking like they were still good to go, just not worth the risk to save $350.

So four Bridgestone Potenza RE003's going on in OEM specifications. Will pick the wheels & tyres up tomorrow, take them home and mount to the car in time for a Saturday morning run in.

IMG_6318_zpsasynbogu.jpg

IMG_6317_zpspubdc5u6.jpg

IMG_6319_zpsegjfyl8e.jpg

Archived