Anyone Know This Melbourne Garage?

Hi all. I'm looking at buying a Cayman S and have seen this one on the market for a while. Reasonable deal apart from the blingy rims.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-Cayman-2006/AGC-AD-16680392

I'm in NSW and the car is in Melbourne. I wanted to see if anyone recognizes this place from the pictures. But of a long shot but it would be good to know if the place has a good reputation.

Thanks for any help

Warren

Thanks Hugh. I'll look into them. Any opinions on Lorbeks from you guys would be appreciated.

I know what you mean on the wheels, but I'm imagining the handling/ride is buggered on what look like 20's wrapped in rubber bands. Maybe it's all those cheesy "Finance" etc screens in between the pics that are influencing me!

Thanks again for the help

Now we have established the garage.... I like the car!!

Me to!. The ad hasn't been updated for over a month, and has the words "just in". Buying out of State is an unknown for me, although how hard can it be?. I just don't feel comfortable dealing with a trader that has a crappy record. Just can't work out why it hasn't sold yet?

I just don't feel comfortable dealing with a trader that has a crappy record. Just can't work out why it hasn't sold yet?

"I just don't feel comfortable dealing with a trader that has a crappy record."

You just answered your own question. Most people would feel this way but I'm guessing they are relying on the gullible who haven't thought of researching their reputation. OR lack of. 

Given TP aggressive reaction to a bad post, it suggests it's not the first problem they have had. Sounds to me like misrepresenting their stock and selling to gullible buyers is their MO and they come out swinging if anyone posts a review which shows them for what they are. They probably rely on threats and intimidation to maintain a clean reputation rather than working hard to create advocates for the business as most reputable business owners would strive for.

The former strategy has a short life, the latter builds long term sustainable businesses.

Steer well clear, plenty of other cars available without this crap.

• 4 weeks later...

I test drove a car with them about 18 months ago and I'd never get in a car with someone from that dealer again.  Guy was a friggin maniac!  And they put these crappy giant alloys on their stock, with the OEM wheels available if you want them. 

Given you are potentially buying from interstate, even more important to deal with 'good' people, private or dealers.

Archived