911 Carpet Question

Doish13

Hi all quick question, my SC deserves carpets that are fresh after all these years and have a question: did our cars come out with floors carpeted and mats on top or, as is the case for me, the mats "are" the carpet and bare metal below? Never reslly looked at this on anyone of the number of other air cooled I've been in.

While there if anyone has a suggestion for carlet suppliers / fitters or Mat sales can you let me know.

I just looked into a full carpet set today from Sierra Madre, Pelican Parts, Rennspd etc. Theyre all around the same price $285US plus delivery. Think Rennspd were the cheapest for an RS lightweight kit. Theyre postage on othe parts I bought was LOADS cheaper than PP and SM.

Probably be lots cheaper than a trimmer doing it from scratch, yet I will be fitting it myself eventually

Has anyone ordered from Southbound Trimmers in the UK?

They promote that they use factory templates, etc and from my research, they seem to best replicate the OEM carpet set, particularly around the pedal box and the oddly positioned left hand footrest in my 1990 C4 manual. 

My father in law bought a carpet set from some place in the UK for his Austin Healey recently. They do lots of different marques. Was heaps cheaper than local or the US and the quality and fit is very good. He got on to them through their ad in a UK classic car magazine

Archived