Anybody buy this?

webrest

Noticed this claimed to be '85 Cabriolet in a recent liquidation auction.

The VIN No. quoted was nowhere near a Porsche plate, who knows what the car really is.

The steering wheel  fits the '85 /'89 range, so maybe

Just wondered if anyone in the family bothered to buy it.

Reckon you would need big bollocks to take it on however..

Price dependent of course

dscn0099.jpg

dscn0101.jpg

dscn0102.jpg

Seats fit the '85 narrative.  It's not a turbo.

Are those the bigger dash side vents from an '86 model?

What about the Cossie next to it?  

I reckon you might be surprised about what it needs - not sure why half the interior is missing though.

All depends on price.  What is a non-runner cabrio worth these days?  $10-15k?

I lived in London when you could buy a Sierra Cossie for about A$4k as they were near impossible to insure, being a favourite joy-rider item.

I guess that was probably the bottom of the value cycle.

Would hate to think how much they are worth now.

Looks like it has the dual power window switches on the passengers door and the large bumperettes around the number plates ..... converted import??

That was my thoughts as well, halfway through a LHD-->RHD and it all got to hard(expensive). Hard to tell from the photos

but I couldn't make out any pedals on the R/H side.

Looks like it has the dual power window switches on the passengers door and the large bumperettes around the number plates ..... converted import??

Sharp eyes.  Yes, that's an imported US model.  I think the aborted conversion idea is probably close to the money. Depending on how far it has gone, it might be easier to put the wheel back in time for next year, where it can be registered as LHD in most states.

I lived in London when you could buy a Sierra Cossie for about A$4k as they were near impossible to insure, being a favourite joy-rider item.

I guess that was probably the bottom of the value cycle.

Would hate to think how much they are worth now.

This one is 30 thousand quid:

ford-sierra-S1101916-1.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/sierra/ford-sierra-rs-cosworth-1986--1-keeper/2208143 

The Ford in the background is a Sierra XR4i , came with a  three litre V6 motor and was rear wheel drive, poor mans Cossie. Horrible side rear windows!

Of course, the wing is only half size.  Silly of me.

Archived