Fuchs

Shady Speedway

Just a heads up ..... which I'm sure you already know ...

I have 15's on my car and tyres for them are very few and far between .... unless you want 2 x different brands ..... and nearly all of the ones available belong on my grandmothers car, not on a Porsche.

I did however find a decent set at Bob Janes .... Falken ZE912 and Im really happy with them so far. Good grip and no road noise .... I haven't had them long enough to comment on wear yet.

These are the original wheels on my car and being one for originality, I do understand you wanting the original size for yours ....

Good luck in your search and whatever you end up with, Im sure you'll be happy .....

Thanks Dreamr,

Given how easy it is to take wheels on and off I am not too fussed.

Just thought I would put it out there in case somebody had something collecting dust.

I have a set of Simmons OM 16 that I like, but the offsets are all wrong. I was going to sort some new outers for them., but would rather spend the money on Fuchs if they are around.

A bit like the tail that you are looking for, the genuine items are expensive. The last few sets of 16 X 8/9 that I have seen have gone for $2800-3500 and not always in original condition.

More often than not to "improve" appearance people have polished the outer lip. I think later years('86 on)may have even come polished though?

If Euromeisters are available they are a great alternative.

You can get some reasonable rubber in 16's but good luck getting original 16 inch Fuchs in anything wider then 7s.

There was a set of 16s for sale on gum tree (in Sydney). Two x 6 & two x 7 wide.

I think the same set was on Porsche Club NSW web page.

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped off my 16x9's for some new rubber this afternoon at Bridgestone in Marybyrnong & Frank said that Chris at Weissach in Pascoe Vale & another Porsche mechanic he deals with may have some 16x9's for sale. Might be worth giving them a call? Bought mine from Stan Adler of Performance 9 in QLD a few years back it may be worth contacting him also.

Just so happens I scored the original 15 X 7s and 15 X 8s from Tassie last week. About $1500 landed!

They have tyres too. Getting new rubber for them will be fun..........

On my 16's that I have used till now, I ran 225 X 50 - 16 and 245 X 45 - 16 in Toyo T1-R's They are great tyres, both front and rear are the same diameter and tread pattern. 

Yes they where the set from Tassie.

I did a bit of home work on offsets for these and it seems there was little variation in off sets for the 7's and all the 8's where the same?

The part numbers line up with what I should have but I doubt the date code will.

They may have come on a 944, but given the size of my wheel arches I figure I can get them where I want to sit with spacers.

At $1500 landed with tyres, I'll have a stab. My car is a step closer to historic reg now.

I would buy a drink to the first person that walks up to my car and says "Hey you have the wrong offset Fuchs on your car"

I only know of two other 3L 930's in SA, both imports. Nobody here seems to know much about them.

ive been waiting around for a set of 16's for awhile and have come to terms with not ever having a set =)

I run smaller semis on my 15's; more torque and harder sidewall.

205/50/15 front

225/50/15 rear

Since the car sees less k's than my walking shoes, really didnt matter if my tyres melt on the driveway.

This is what I have been quoted within the infinite wisdom over on Fchat. Thanks to idart.

"The 1970s 7x15’s are # 911.361.020.11 and 8x15’s are #911.361.020.12. Porsche changed the part number for the 15 inch Fuchs in the 1980s but the wheel was the same – 7x15’s are # 911.361.020.41 and 8x15’s are #911.361.020.42. It’s a misnomer that the later 15 inch Fuchs were 944 wheels since in addition to 944s, they were also standard on 911 SC’s and Carrera’s through the mid-1980s."

I would buy a drink to the first person that walks up to my car and says "Hey you have the wrong offset Fuchs on your car"

isn't it more that they don't fit? and rub the shock absorbers or something? rather than look weird

isn't it more that they don't fit? and rub the shock absorbers or something? rather than look weird

930's have monstrous guards. without modification they can take 17 X 9 front and 17 X 10 rear. They are one of the only cars to ever be sold new with wheel spacers. Given I can use any spacers I want, rubbing won't be an issue.

This is from idart on the interwebs greatest 3L 930 resource over on fchat.

"The 1970s 7x15’s are # 911.361.020.11 and 8x15’s are #911.361.020.12. Porsche changed the part number for the 15 inch Fuchs in the 1980s but the wheel was the same – 7x15’s are # 911.361.020.41 and 8x15’s are #911.361.020.42. It’s a misnomer that the later 15 inch Fuchs were 944 wheels since in addition to 944s, they were also standard on 911 SC’s and Carrera’s through the mid-1980s."

Archived