Cayman GT4 Spotted

Chris-p

I have found my new wallpaper!

I was not a fan of the original Cayman (proportions were all wrong) but this thing looks mega. :D

I really see this as a baby GT3. It could be Porsche slowly bringing the Cayman into play to take over from the top 911's.  Baby steps to avoid the purist revolt...

I have found my new wallpaper!

I was not a fan of the original Cayman (proportions were all wrong) but this thing looks mega. :D

I really see this as a baby GT3. It could be Porsche slowly bringing the Cayman into play to take over from the top 911's.  Baby steps to avoid the purist revolt...

I agree with everything you said....except the bit about the original Cayman proportions!  :P

Got to admit I was almost convinced that I had to have a GT4 till I saw this.

I just love the Mercedes growl let alone the look of this one.

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,

I'm with you. It would be a hard choice between the two!

CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS - Mercedes AMG GT S: http://youtu.be/CRubofSy7jE

Got to admit I was almost convinced that I had to have a GT4 till I saw this.

I just love the Mercedes growl let alone the look of this one.

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want,

No PDK what are they thinking. Looking at upgrading the Cayman R but given the retro(slow) gearbox it is a no sale. Cannot have a cayman get near 4.0 seconds to 100 so fit a slow gearbox and problem solved. Very disappointed. Guess I will just have to keep enjoying the R.

No PDK what are they thinking. Looking at upgrading the Cayman R but given the retro(slow) gearbox it is a no sale. Cannot have a cayman get near 4.0 seconds to 100 so fit a slow gearbox and problem solved. Very disappointed. Guess I will just have to keep enjoying the R.

In one of the GT4 videos the head of the division does make the suggestion that there maybe a PDK version down the track....

Hang in there...  B)

What?????... The manual gearbox is the best thing about this GT4.   There are plenty of other choices if you want pdk including the GT3

A PDK down the track is great news. That way I wont have to choose to be slow. No over rev on downshift, better than half a car-length per shift and brake to the max as that is all the foot has to do. Yep a GT3 is on the cards but the cayman is just a better platform. Bring on the ultimate Cayman, PDK and the GT3 350KW engine.

Archived