Please cancel my membership

Guest Harold

I'm sorry to hear that Harold has had a negative experience with SPAM  and that he believes that this might have originated from his membership with the PFA. As we have not been privy to the original email it is difficult to trace its origins, however through recent enquiries to both the forum software supplier, as well as Russ' more "global" and independent investigations, it seems extremely unlikely that member details were compromised.

HOWEVER: Please remind yourselves that this is a global platform of communication and information transfer, and there are all sorts of shady operators out there who are often a few steps ahead of the main pack... as a result consider whatever information you share to be potentially public.

Both PayPal and your internet banking services (EFT) take measures to ensure your details remain secure. This is far more rigorous than anything that the PFA, or InVisionPower (forum software parent company) can offer, and as such, we are as susceptible to hacking as any other internet business.

Personally, I had various discussions and enquiries with regard to protecting members private information on the forum, but to this point I've not seen any compromise that can be in any way directed back to the PFA.

Archived