My restoration continues

Foyley

I know most here are always interested in projects and how they are progressing so here are a couple of my girl as we are progressing.

Ive started with the engine! full rebuild ground up and almost ready to go back in the car this weekend after I finish the wiring loom rebuild.

The engine bay has been fully stripped and painted ready for the engine to go back in, then from here she goes off to paint for a full re-spray!

A lot of work already done but a lot more to come with our aim to have it ready for November drive to Tassi!

P4105100_zpsptc69kzl.jpg

P4230070_zpst6s1oc5k.jpgP4280077_zpscp83emyl.jpgFullSizeRender%203_zpsw0rwnkrx.jpgP4280084_zpsf11cbldg.jpg

P4230074_zps73olcnn4.jpgP4125105_zps9umeaxds.jpgP5040008_zpsqczrtto2.jpg

Ill post more pictures as I progress!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a labour of love! You can never recover your time but im loving every bit that im doing and driving it finished will be the reward!

Kinda sounds a little sick but i dont live at the pub and you have to spend your spare time and money some how??

Stephen

Engine is painted with heat proof paint with heat proof clear over the top! it will be interesting to see if it lasts?

Painted engine bay in the same two pack from the factory if this helps!

I asked a lot of professionals and they all gave very similar advice!

Foyley

The engine looks like new, love the look of it, can you tell me the name of the products you used, my son is about too install a new engine in his project and wants to paint a couple of bits, he would love that look you have on yours.

The engine looks like new, love the look of it, can you tell me the name of the products you used, my son is about too install a new engine in his project and wants to paint a couple of bits, he would love that look you have on yours.

Stephen ill send details tonite

Stephen here you go a picture of the can I took tonite! Dupli-colour engine enamel (ceramic 500C) and the clear was the same!

Link to picture now added sorry Stephen.

FullSizeRender_zps58355aa1.jpg

Wow,

ive just been told I have to have my car to the painters by next weekend, two weeks time! I have to get serious now getting the engine back in so we can move her to the painters!

How do I find time between work????? B)

• 2 weeks later...
Team as of this week we now have life in the old girl! Sorry the Video quality is not that good!

Now time to strip out the body to send her off to a full body paint. She should look fantastic when we get her back and reassembled.

• 2 weeks later...

Making good progress.

I'd hate to see your hard work spoiled. Make sure your engine bay is PROPERLY covered and put some old wheels on for the paint job. Overspray gets in, even with the best efforts of your paint shop.

Harv,

I have old wheels on her now and body is now fully stripped out ill post some more pictures shortly! it looks very ugly right now!

• 3 weeks later...

Well we are getting closer! a lot of rubbing and repairs. Not to mention the amount of paint on that front bumper???

Paint gets laid down Thursday! can not wait to see the results!

IMG_2379_zpsd89dcwis.jpgIMG_2382_zpsg1k4jbi8.jpgIMG_2386_zpsp2tqdgzr.jpgIMG_2389_zpsuqjhoww1.jpgIMG_2383_zpstmbsuiyo.jpgIMG_2391_zpshxa7mhpx.jpgIMG_2381_zpswbtnogqh.jpgIMG_2388_zps9ekpq8ex.jpgIMG_2392_zpsqbqa5ghd.jpgIMG_2385_zpsfwcp7qou.jpg

The front bumper sure looks like it's been in the wars!  On at least one other car, by the colours showing...

Looking forward to seeing the finished result.  Bring to Cars & Coffee?

I will do Rob! The front bar had more paint than plastic and yes appears to have had several lives in the past! But now she is fully back to base and will start a fresh as primer, filler and Gaurds Red!!!

Archived