My restoration continues

Foyley

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok team here are a few pictures of the paint going on the old girl! Before everyone comments its not pink its just my poor photography!

I will have her back this weekend>

P6200065_zpse0rqvv3g.jpg

P6200066_zpsbb2b3skg.jpgP6200064_zpsuxxiama0.jpgP6200059_zps5cx7kgec.jpgP6200061_zpsy6dobn0y.jpgP6200060_zpsssz2ocwf.jpgP6200067_zps0cgdxrta.jpg

P6200062_zps8cjbywpg.jpg

The Front and rear bars will be done this week! Given the amount of paint we removed they should look a lot better, with no cracking!

P6200068_zpsmofnjgjs.jpg

Russ,

Wet sand is yet to be done! this is straight off the gun!

Using 2 pak aviation primers and paints! 3 coats.

Clear added into the last coat so the clear is through the colour! Im not a painter by any means but what i see i like very much!

Russ, I'm very happy with how its all going! Some may suggest I have over capitalized by doing what I have up until now, but I'm enjoying the build and that's all that really matters to me and at the end ill have a lovely car to drive and enjoy!

22_zpsfgygigff.jpg23_zpsx75nwt0e.jpg24_zpslqfh2i1w.jpg25_zps5javdoaz.jpg

It'll be brilliant when it's finished, great to see a 944 restored to its former gloy. Over capitalised ??? Who cares, what price do you put on the satisfaction it will give you? Even if our cars will never reach the financial heights of the 911, they are still Porsches, beautifully engineered, great looking and a hoot to drive.  Enjoy it and drive it as often as you can :)

It'll be brilliant when it's finished, great to see a 944 restored to its former gloy. Over capitalised ??? Who cares, what price do you put on the satisfaction it will give you? Even if our cars will never reach the financial heights of the 911, they are still Porsches, beautifully engineered, great looking and a hoot to drive.  Enjoy it and drive it as often as you can :)

My plan is to drive it as much as i can! like ive said before its not about the money! If it was you would never own a porsche!

My plan is to drive it as much as i can! like ive said before its not about the money! If it was you would never own a porsche!

Especially so on an old one, I try not to think too much on the dough I have spent on mine, but mine sat around a lot and didn't get driven much since'99 and I think it is a victim of this.So far it looks great Foyley, New paint always looks awesome, can't wait till she's finished.

Well I got my girl home on the weekend and now the work starts to put her back together without scratching her or dents! the paint work has a few little marks that will buff out but that said im very happy with the result!

IMG_2461_zpsgzasmxxh.jpgIMG_2455_zpsf7yfozwk.jpgIMG_2458_zpsaunokmd8.jpgIMG_2457_zpsmf68ublw.jpgIMG_2459_zpsa1rlvwis.jpg

IMG_2453_zpss52i2bhj.jpg

IMG_2460_zpscafraryp.jpg

IMG_2456_zpsigszwuvk.jpg

Lookin' good Daryl!  Hopefully the hatch didn't give you too much trouble...

Ok Rob now see what you where on about rear hatch is a bit of a bugger to line up and get everything working as it should! But we got there in the end!

Archived