My restoration continues

Foyley

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

That's Clean compared to what it was! now I feel bad and have to go and buy a new one!!!!!!!

Rob have you seen the price of those things????

The car looks fantastic.

How many under bonnet plastic parts have you replaced?  Or are most of them original?

What plastic bits are you referring too? Ive replaced all hoses, heater tap, Rebuilt the engine wiring loom all new plugs if this helps! also replace all retaining clips for the wiring!

The expansion tank isn't cheap. My car came with a reasonably new one, so I am thankful for that but know I would have to replace it, if it was an original(crazy eddies disease), despite cost. When you are this deep into it Daryl, whats a few more $$'s:ph34r:<<runs and hides

Daryl

Just had a look on Paragon and Pelican: USD$285 and $304.  Probably looking at around $500 AUD delivered - not cheap that's for sure.  Sometimes Porsche Centre Brissie is cheaper for things like this.

Really coming together now, looks great... the expansion tank is very expensive for a piece of plastic. For similar money, Lindsey Racing also sells an aluminium one: http://www.lindseyracing.com/lr/Porsche/944COOLINGSYSBILLET/LRA-944-XTANK.html

Not a fan of these on our cars, as being able to see level and colour can be handy, if ever there is something wrong. It would also ruin that total stock engine bay

Guys,

Given I have gone so far to retain the originality of the car ill stick with the plastic tank! As Bruce points out, ive gone this far why stop now! car is all original except the wheels and paint. I still have the factory wheels locked away for later on or shows as required.

NA944,

Welcome to the forum! there are many here with lots of knowledge and always happy to help! the team here help me out greatly when I started with my silly questions!

Not a silly question at all> its one that been pointed out and asked of me here before but happy to answer now I have the answer.

This car was originally sold into South Africa and as a car built during that period it was classed as a rest of world car and from the build sheet I have it was built with these on the car (US Style) They have grown on me seeing them every day. not every ones cup of tea but i'm keeping the car true to build spec

• 2 weeks later...

Well the day has arrived the girl is now on the road! We clocked up 400k yesterday. A couple of little rattles and squeaks to sort out and we are good to Go! Sorry the pictures are not the best but when I get a chance and a good location I will post some good pictures

IMG_1042_zpsi3yz49d7.jpg

IMG_1037_zpsqdahsk15.jpgIMG_1045_zps9d4nnqtx.jpgIMG_1036_zpsld6g6jku.jpg

That looks fantastic !!! Great to see someone saving these cars

Thanks Dave,

Ive worked over time to preserve its originality! The paint maybe new but the rest has been restored to how it was delivered even still have the original wheels if required to complete the package! Too many are going to the race track! just wish they could be regarded in the same way as other Porsche models! but we wont go there???? 

Hi Daryl,

She looks great. Kudos to you on a job well done. She's probably bettet than when it left the factory. 

Sohan

Sohan,

Nothing will replace a new car but she's a close second?

Archived