An Architect’s 964… Black, Black Black!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wheels fill guards perfectly, love it.

They look the business mate! Best shoes worn to date. 

Thanks guys, I really like them too. Have to be careful though with the rears as I think they are going to rub a bit on the guard... the guards haven't been rolled so maybe this is step one, but I'm reluctant to change bodywork just for tyres, never rolled guards before so not sure what is involved?...

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh rubber today, Yokohama AD08R. Ready for some Burrows track time next couple of months...

Big fan of ADO8R's I ran a couple of sets of those when I had the Boxster, they are sensational, and I will be looking at them again when the Cayman needs new boots.

Only used them on the road not on the track.

I didn't get a lot of K's out of the rears (about 13K from memory) but they hang on like *#$% to a blanket.

Love that brake light, did you fit it or already on the car.

arghhhh, a gift from the previous owner, it's ok but a shame they cut the spoiler to fit it... Want to fit a 993 window one, but need to replace the spoiler if i do that. 

arghhhh, a gift from the previous owner, it's ok but a shame they cut the spoiler to fit it... Want to fit a 993 window one, but need to replace the spoiler if i do that. 

Have you had a painter look at it, I would be surprised if it could not be filled and fixed. 

Was the wiper delete just a matter of removing the wiper arm and fitting a plug? 

Not quite. To get the full benefit of the weight saving and to install the bung, you have to remove the motor assembly under the rear parcel shelf. It's a very easy DIY, just take care when removing the wiper not to damage the glass.

I followed these instructions:

http://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/288435-how-to-remove-your-rear-wiper-and-mech.html

and I bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221898191568

Archived