An Architect’s 964… Black, Black Black!

Sounds good, thanks for the tip, I'll order some and give it a go.

FYI, I'll also add that it is not super shiny.

Gives a nice natural wet gloss look but is not as noticeable as the silicone based products. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick pic from this afternoon's continued quest for total black... Smoked indicators and black hood badge installed today!

I took a gamble with the indicators buying online and have to say the quality is good and they are bright when on. But not sure about the badge, think it needs to be gloss?

Silvester-Fuller-964_201505_001_zps6k7fj

FYI, I'll also add that it is not super shiny.

Gives a nice natural wet gloss look but is not as noticeable as the silicone based products. 

And thanks Poli, the CarPro Perl arrived yesterday and tested it today. Exactly as you described, nice and dark but no too shiny! 

And thanks Poli, the CarPro Perl arrived yesterday and tested it today. Exactly as you described, nice and dark but no too shiny! 

Good to hear it's as you like.

Very good product in my opinion. 

Further black additions are looking great.

Not sure about the black badge. I know what you mean about gloss, mine came with the same black badge, it just doesn't look right.

The gold badge would be a nice juxtaposition on your overall "murdered out" look.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok time for an update: Will start a separate thread for the new C2 when it arrives, but in the meantime been tweaking the C4.

Think I reached peak black obsession earlier this month :wacko: , so going back on some mods, namely the black badge and front indicators. I know a lot people go clears but I've never been a fan and thought the smoked would work but they just don't. Looking back at earlier photos I really like the bright orange stock ones so they're going back on.

Earlier this month Chris from Radios in Motion installed the VDO head unit, some pics below. This was suggested by the guys at Autohaus. It's been installed in a few cars now including JV's RS4 and the Autohaus Grp4. Having run with it for a couple weeks now have to say it has been faultless, great to use, very intuitive, has that OEM look (and brand) and most of all sounds great. Have my iPhone in a mount and bluetooth calls working well. My only issue is that you are unable to change the backlight and all the ones available here (CD9303UB-AU) are green, whereas the euro spec ones are orange (CD9303UB-CV) which would be better to match the rest of the gauge lighting. Need to source a couple of euro ones... It looks like this:

964_C4_Itsujack_030_zpsj5hbllvy.jpg

964_C4_Itsujack_031_zpssrlhghip.jpg

964_C4_Itsujack_032_zpsmkarey8j.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Not usually a big fan of these cars, but yours and Jeremy's show just how good they can look 

Those wheels are perfect mate

Looks sweet! 

If your looking to offload your Ruffs let me know. 

Thanks guys, I really like the Alleggerita's, much more than I expected. Hugh, I'll make a note to let you know, but at this stage will be holding onto the Ruf's.

Yep, they're the ones! Purchased from Chris in SA, he ran them on his silver 964 which he sold late last year.

Good buy I reckon.  I were nearly going to buy them 1st and then worry about finding a 964 to put them on later!

Archived