Car Cover - Indoors (Dust Cover)

Gents,

Looking for a high quality indoor car cover for the 964, basically a dust cover.

Would prefer something super-soft, with good stretch factor that fits tightly over the vehicle.

Anyone had good experiences or recommendations?

Happy to look into a group buy if anyone else with a 911 is interested.

I've had a look at Cover World's site (no connection) and they might be a possibility.

Cheers,

I've got a genuine Porsche cover and have no complaints.

Very soft lining, fits the 964 perfectly. I use it when I go overseas and the car sits for more than a week.

E0129B28-06A3-4DB3-B350-C514DE4FA63C_zps

I can bring it the office if you wanted to inspect in person.

I have used all types of dust/car covers they all seem to let dust though eventually. The expensive ones are very hard to wash and never the same afterwards.

What I use now is a queen size sheet with a plastic cover on top you get from panel beater supply place. They have an elastic around the base. The plastic cover are cheap around $15. So long as the car is put away completely dry I have never seen any moisture.  

I tried several different covers but wasn't 100% happy with any of them touch my paint work as they all get dirty with time so made the more to a Carcoon. Very happy with it as a friends who have them also.

I have a good indoor cover, I forget the brand now. It's fleecy on the inside. It doesn't let the dust through but the issue is that, if the car is not perfectly clean before it goes on, the inside of the cover gradually gets a bit gungy, and putting it on a spotless clean car makes the car a little bit dirtier. I probably need to go down the route of putting a sheet over first, then cover on top. I have no idea how you would clean it, or if it is even cleanable.

I have a good indoor cover, I forget the brand now. It's fleecy on the inside. It doesn't let the dust through but the issue is that, if the car is not perfectly clean before it goes on, the inside of the cover gradually gets a bit gungy, and putting it on a spotless clean car makes the car a little bit dirtier. I probably need to go down the route of putting a sheet over first, then cover on top. I have no idea how you would clean it, or if it is even cleanable.

That's exactly why I have the sheet and plastic top cover.

Wash the sheet replace the plastic cover, I get almost zero dust. What I do get I just wipe off with a microfiber cloth.

My issue is that, due to my location, the cars tend to get a salty futz on them. I'm scrupulous about keeping them clean and garaged and covered but any time I don't it ends up on the inside of the car cover, and then it makes the dust stick.

It's killer on anything left outside. I had an old wheelbarrow leaning up against the side of the house. The other day I went to use it and the frame cracked clean in half. The paint was the only thing holding the iron oxide together.

I've got a genuine Porsche cover and have no complaints.

Very soft lining, fits the 964 perfectly. I use it when I go overseas and the car sits for more than a week.

E0129B28-06A3-4DB3-B350-C514DE4FA63C_zps

I can bring it the office if you wanted to inspect in person.

$600+ at your local! 

I don't use a cover anymore.  When I had restored vintage bikes I bought fleecy (sp.) bed sheets and covered the bikes with them.  Nice & soft.

Anyway, I had the good fortune to work with a professor of physics from one of the local universities some years ago.  At the time my daily was a metallic black BMW M Sport coupe, and he had a gold early 70's 2 door Rolls.  He explained why cars get dusty in an enclosed environment (I already knew, but let him explain anyway because he seemed to really enjoy it).  He said that he clips a bare copper wire to the car and grounds it to discharge the static electricity that naturally builds up.  I tried it on the car and was happy with the result, so I did it on the bikes as well.  That, and the sheets, and the bikes stayed spotless.  They probably only got ridden once a month at best.  I do it on my Porsche now and it still works a treat. 

Plus I drive my car that often I can't be arsed putting a cover on.  Just have to remember to disconnect the wire before driving out of the garage.

$0. I'm still using what I found in the linen cupboard.Garage_zpsaffd16b8.jpgJust had to tape up some corners to stop my dog pissing on them....

You've got some funky stuff going on in the corner there. Is that a rocket?

You've got some funky stuff going on in the corner there. Is that a rocket?

Not quite rockets but fast and noisy as hell!

Before I was saved by 911's I spent all my time with electric powered radio control flying models. Among many types I became interested in these delta wings things called Parkzone Strykers. Here's my collection:

RIMG0005_zpskaoewxae.jpg

Eventually I spent a lot of time chasing the "world speed record" for modified ones and after a lot of crashs, burnt speed controllers and motors gained the record for Stryker Q's (orange and white one in the middle of photo) with a 2 way average of 199mph. Was ready to take on the outright - a guy in NY has it and flies in the grounds of a psychiatric hospital! - of 205mph but my young talented pilot moved to Queensland.  Bungee launched due to extreme weight and the finger shedding rear prop, 200amp speed controllers with data logging, 27,000rpm motors specially wound from the Czech Republic limited to runs of around 10 seconds to avoid combustion and prop tips at near the speed of sound.  All on the ragged edge of destruction.  Absolutely no logical reason to do this but I enjoyed the technical challenge. 

And then I bought a C3.2.....

Archived