Just thought I would let everyone know that Stuart, formely of PCB and various other places over the years, has just set up a new workshop in Highett(19 Wannan St Highett 3190) called 9Auto. I met Stuart when he was working at PCB and he is currently doing some work on my car. Not only does he know our cars inside out, he is also a really nice guy. If anyone needs a great Pcar mechanic, he has just set up the workshop. When I dropped off my car he was just getting hoists fitted. Anyway after several lengthy chats I know my car is in good hands

9 AUTO

19 Wannan St

Highett 3190

Ph: 0439 538 708

Great to hear Harvs. I have no doubt his business  will be very sucsessful, and I am sure there are many out there who have benefited from his skill and knowledge in the past or who's car he has worked on before, even though they may not have realised he was behind it. Now he is out on his own, we have another good option for getting work done on our cars

No sadly. Spencer is a great mechanic and I have always whole heartedly promoted his business, so was saddened when I didn't get a an outcome I was happy with but these things happen. There are always 2 sides to a story so won't go into details as that would be unfair to his business, and I don't think anyone could doubt his abilities and the quality of his work.

• 3 months later...

Am making the long trek to Highett tomorrow as I was very impressed at the way a fellow PFA member's car drove after a Bilstein install and wheel alignment by Stuart. Have had three alignments and various other suspension work by different shops and still chasing my tail to get the result I am now expecting. 

Will report back with the results,  good, bad or indifferent. 

Am making the long trek to Highett tomorrow as I was very impressed at the way a fellow PFA member's car drove after a Bilstein install and wheel alignment by Stuart. Have had three alignments and various other suspension work by different shops and still chasing my tail to get the result I am now expecting. 

Will report back with the results,  good, bad or indifferent. 

Can you pick up the report with my alignments settings when you are there please?

I didn't mention it was you Doug as I know you are also a customer of Spencer's. 

But now that it's out,  Stuart did a really good job on Doug's car. We swapped drives last Sunday and I was immediate impressed. Felt so much more planted and gave me oodles of confidence around the twisties. Doug on the other hand was struggling to keep up in my car. 

When I rang Stuart he had the time and courtesy to chat and answer whatever questions I had. I'll have him do a minor service while it's there although I did one myself only 10 months and 5000km ago. 

Have you given Ralph at TruTrack a go in North Melbourne for an alignment?

He does my cars and I cannot praise him enough. My beloved could not wait to get home and the second set of lights she sent me a txt telling me how fantastic her car felt. Both my P cars drive amazing now, just unfortunately has highlighted the work required on my SC....

I didn't mention it was you Doug as I know you are also a customer of Spencer's. 

But now that it's out,  Stuart did a really good job on Doug's car. We swapped drives last Sunday and I was immediate impressed. Felt so much more planted and gave me oodles of confidence around the twisties. Doug on the other hand was struggling to keep up in my car. 

When I rang Stuart he had the time and courtesy to chat and answer whatever questions I had. I'll have him do a minor service while it's there although I did one myself only 10 months and 5000km ago. 

Nothing against Spencer.  It was an emergency situation and Stuart not only had the time but  it was considerably cheaper to get to his workshop on the flat tray :o 

Have you given Ralph at TruTrack a go in North Melbourne for an alignment?

He does my cars and I cannot praise him enough. My beloved could not wait to get home and the second set of lights she sent me a txt telling me how fantastic her car felt. Both my P cars drive amazing now, just unfortunately has highlighted the work required on my SC....

Yes I have. I know a number of members use Ralph and are very happy.

• 1 month later...

Found myself near Highett today so called in to 9 Auto. Good chat to Stuart, seems like a genuine bloke and the collection of metal in the (incredibly clean) workshop was encouraging, so I'm dropping my Targa in there next Wednesday for new wheel bearings and a general health check after its long hibernation.  Be interested to hear his opinion on it !

Collected the car tonight, definitely found the man to look after it ? Nice bloke, clearly knows his stuff, doesn't charge the earth and gives honest advice / views. Time to look for a set of SSI's based on his advice that's for sure.

More importantly, declared my car a properly nice one to drive ?? Which I'm now going to do. 

Collected the car tonight, definitely found the man to look after it ? Nice bloke, clearly knows his stuff, doesn't charge the earth and gives honest advice / views. Time to look for a set of SSI's based on his advice that's for sure.

More importantly, declared my car a properly nice one to drive ?? Which I'm now going to do. 

I saw your car there yesterday when I picked up some bits from Stuart.  Apart from the obvious paint issues, he said it was a gem.  Nice find there, Mike.

• 2 months later...

So, who's is the silver 911 with the PFA sticker in the side window in 9auto at the moment? Dropped mine off this morning for brakes and an alignment, Stu was just bringing it out of the workshop as I got there.

So, who's is the silver 911 with the PFA sticker in the side window in 9auto at the moment? Dropped mine off this morning for brakes and an alignment, Stu was just bringing it out of the workshop as I got there.

That would be mine.  Stu's just doing a few odd jobs which I can't do myself.  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived