Cayman S Exhaust options

TE911

Awesome, exhaust on film clips normally sound pretty ordinary that sounds grouse.  

How much?   If you don't mind me asking....

It was so hard to find a clip of this exhaust.

I dont know how much yet, i just sent a email to Autohaus regarding their pricing.

Its $1,620.40 on FVD's site.

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/911S-123-44/-/-/item/item_details/VID_12027331-VCD_89471522-gid_30-sort_4-display_50-item_170987000000/Tuning_-_Exhaust_-_Mufflers_170987000000_Race_Muffler_987.1_Boxster___Cayman__stainless_steel__without_cats.html

8eb5d6b93cd5707b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

TE911 - did you get it yet?

Yes its been on the car for about a month and it sounds Great!!!   Revs up a lot more freely and No drone! 

Butt dyno says there is a little more power. :D

I posted a before and after video on the "What did you do to your Porsche today?" thread.

that sounds great! not too obnoxious, it looks like it might go onto my list of potential exhausts hehe.

i wonder if I can somehow manage to retain my black chrome x-style tips.

is there any drone present?

Untitled_29__91256.1439845981.1280.1280.jpg

haha i had a long list of exhaust options as well but i ended up with the Milltek system because its slightly deeper / louder than stock , has no drone and has some performance gains. Not obnoxious at all.

Even my mechanic was shocked that it didn't have any drone and how well it drove after.

I also chose the system because its a more free flowing system. It has independent tips, none of the restricting t-joint or x-style tips.

It depends on what you are looking for if you want sound the Porsche sports exhaust or the Carnewal GT are great, have no drone and you can use your black x style tips.

Here are some pics of the Milltek system:

240.original.jpgBoxster%20987.1.2-1000x1000.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my hands on a carnewal GT like exhaust without the secondary cats. From the cabin it sounds a tiny little bit more aggressive but I haven't heard outside. I should take a video. The car does seem to have a little more punch in the low end. No drone but I was thinking...

If I want to go a little more aggressive, what if I got some headers while I was at it... Hrmmm I wonder if that would add more sound but still retain the low drone due to the stock mufflers..

• 3 months later...

I went for the Autohaus version in my Boxster S 987 - I bought the car in Sydney, had it towed to Autohaus and had Grant fit it before I picked it up. Really happy with the sound / note, turns a head when its second gear winding out .....

Got my hands on a carnewal GT like exhaust without the secondary cats. From the cabin it sounds a tiny little bit more aggressive but I haven't heard outside. I should take a video. The car does seem to have a little more punch in the low end. No drone but I was thinking...

If I want to go a little more aggressive, what if I got some headers while I was at it... Hrmmm I wonder if that would add more sound but still retain the low drone due to the stock mufflers..

I'm planning to have my stock exhaust reworked at PRtechnology sometime soon and apparently levels of sound can be customised to your liking :) It's great talking to Richard (if he has the time)  who I find very experienced but he's not always in

I also like the idea of reworking the headers with 200 CELL CATS like Carnewal's offer. As an indicator, Gert did mention that this adds 25% more sound and most people find it loud so he suggested to do one thing at a time.

I went for the Autohaus version in my Boxster S 987 - I bought the car in Sydney, had it towed to Autohaus and had Grant fit it before I picked it up. Really happy with the sound / note, turns a head when its second gear winding out .....

Congrats Higgo with the new Boxster!!!

Yeah i was about to go that route with Autohaus because our dollar was really bad when i got a quote from Gert for the Carnewal GT system... Im told that this mod makes the car more raspy than stock?

Post a sound clip. love to hear it...

But i wanted something that would beef up the sound and had some recorded power gains, like the Milltek system i got. Its has a deep sound no drone plus the car feels a lot better in the mid range.

I also like the idea of reworking the headers with 200 CELL CATS like Carnewal's offer. As an indicator, Gert did mention that this adds 25% more sound and most people find it loud so he suggested to do one thing at a time.

I was also wondering if it was possible to rework the stock headers with 200 CELL CATS... Has it been done before?

• 3 weeks later...

Higgo where in Melbourne are you...I would love to hear how your car sounds....I'm in Berwick..but happy to travel!

• 3 weeks later...

Higgo where in Melbourne are you...I would love to hear how your car sounds....I'm in Berwick..but happy to travel!

+1 -- I'd love to hear it too :-)

Any chances of getting such a mod done in the Melbourne area?

Used to own a Cayman S with Carnewall GT Exhaust, back when I was in France... kinda miss it!!

Archived