EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!

Kerry, currently on my iPad it's really terrible. It's fine for just looking at posts but to quote someone else's post and then comment is not good. Do I need to run a separate app like tapatalk rather that through Safari browser on the iPad?

From my understanding,  IPS haven't made a mobile app for their forums, just a mobile version. 

Have you tried Google chrome browser? From a technical standpoint safari lags behind in terms of how it interprets website code (html/css) compared to Chrome, Firefox and IE these days. That could be the cause of the feature degredation when it comes to quoting.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Mike and Steve.

Im sorry you're having dramas Steve, and I wish I could offer a simple answer, beyond than that of Mike's. What I've learned, (not for the first time unfortunately) is that there are so many variations of browser/platform/OS/caching/preferences etcetera that it becomes impossible to correct all the issues without causing other problems elsewhere. I use my iPhone and iPad on the PFA daily, for the most part without any significant dramas, but I don't question those that you're having - Mikes right, it isn't a specific mobile app, just a scaled down version of the desktop version. As this was the biggest overall upgrade IPS have had, certainly in the last six years, and by the manner and "diving for cover" that we're experiencing on still outstanding support tickets, I'd suggest that you're/we're not the only ones having these dramas, and I'm hoping subsequent updates will resolve these niggling annoyances and we can all get back to enjoying the forum. 

By the fact that most people aren't having the same problems as you, and not knowing your setup, I'd be looking at whether you're running the latest versions of Safari and/or iOS as well as flushing your cache, but you may well have already tried these measures. 

All the best,

Kerry

Cheers Mike and Steve.

Im sorry you're having dramas Steve, and I wish I could offer a simple answer, beyond than that of Mike's. What I've learned, (not for the first time unfortunately) is that there are so many variations of browser/platform/OS/caching/preferences etcetera that it becomes impossible to correct all the issues without causing other problems elsewhere. I use my iPhone and iPad on the PFA daily, for the most part without any significant dramas, but I don't question those that you're having - Mikes right, it isn't a specific mobile app, just a scaled down version of the desktop version. As this was the biggest overall upgrade IPS have had, certainly in the last six years, and by the manner and "diving for cover" that we're experiencing on still outstanding support tickets, I'd suggest that you're/we're not the only ones having these dramas, and I'm hoping subsequent updates will resolve these niggling annoyances and we can all get back to enjoying the forum. 

By the fact that most people aren't having the same problems as you, and not knowing your setup, I'd be looking at whether you're running the latest versions of Safari and/or iOS as well as flushing your cache, but you may well have already tried these measures. 

All the best,

Kerry

Chrome seems to work a bit better. Safari used to work fine.

The mobile version of the forum software is proving to be a right pain in the arse for some members, on some platforms/devices, with some versions of iOS/Android etc...

When we tested it on our units (MAC & PC, desktop and devices) originally it all seemed to work pretty well. Since then however, as further updates have occurred, things seem to have taken a turn for the worse with various reports coming in from different people, mostly android users, who are having dramas with the functionality.

We have alerted the parent company as to our problems and they are working on it. Mairead, our IT person here at PFA HQ will be following this through over the next days and hopefully we can report some improvements at the earliest opportunity.

It has to be pointed out however that as we effectively rent the forum platform from InvisionBoard, we are subject to their upgrades and assistance. The degree to which we are able to "tinker" with the guts is pretty limited.

I'm sorry for the dramas people are having, rest assured that we're trying to resolve these issues as soon as we can.

Kerry

test of quote on samsung

test quoting on iPad using safari

We're having problems seeing any problems here with devices showing the forum or functionality...

Steve, can you give me the details of your system/browser/device/OS etc, and we'll see if we can duplicate it here and prompt the problem?

Theo, you had mentioned you had issues with your iPad, can you provide the same?

I'm running Sony Xperia z2 using android 5.02 using Chrome 44.0.2403.133

I had the same text not wrapping feature

Also quoting is shitty.

If I choose to quote, then close the browser coz I can't be bothered, when I reopen pfa and quote someone else, both prior posts appear.  

LATEST NEWS...

The latest upgrade of the software (4.0.12) will occur later today as we are now in the queue, so hopefully we will see some positive results with the mobile version from this in the next day or so...

Fingers crossed!  

:mellow:<_<-_-

K

test quoting on iPad using safari

We're having problems seeing any problems here with devices showing the forum or functionality...

Steve, can you give me the details of your system/browser/device/OS etc, and we'll see if we can duplicate it here and prompt the problem?

Theo, you had mentioned you had issues with your iPad, can you provide the same?

Kerry, sorry that I didn't get back to you on this, I was away with work all week. It does seem better today with this quoted reply. Great work mate, love the forum and what you are doing here by the way.

Also quoting is shitty.

If I choose to quote, then close the browser coz I can't be bothered, when I reopen pfa and quote someone else, both prior posts appear.  

Same issues and also sometimes quoting different people and I cannot delete the wrong quote?

Otherwise very nice, good work :)

the quoting issue continues to haunt us. An Iphone become almost unusable unless you want to throw out random responses to people you never intended quoting, past topics that have no relevance or simply blank responses. The only way I have found to correct it is to delete everything in what you are quoting and submit this. However this means this will come up as a blank quote, but from then all quotes are fixed...until it happens again.

same on PC same on Iphone

please fix - taking the fun/spontaneity out of PFA banter

5 likes a day is not enough, please can we have more :)

I have updated this so its now 15 per day :)

umm, how do I delete messages from my inbox?

If you go to messages > go to inbox > select the conversation you wish to delete so it appears. Now on the top right hand cornet there is a message dropdown. Select Leave converstion. Your messages for this conversation will then be deleted.

Screen_Shot_2015-08-27_at_9.38.00_AM.thu

the quoting issue continues to haunt us. An Iphone become almost unusable unless you want to throw out random responses to people you never intended quoting, past topics that have no relevance or simply blank responses. The only way I have found to correct it is to delete everything in what you are quoting and submit this. However this means this will come up as a blank quote, but from then all quotes are fixed...until it happens again.

same on PC same on Iphone

please fix - taking the fun/spontaneity out of PFA banter

hi, could you please explain step by step what's happening so I can investigate. Thanks! 

hi, could you please explain step by step what's happening so I can investigate. Thanks! 

It is actually quite random, but just tried to get a consistent response and think I have found a particular bug that if fixed might help. Two scenarios:-

• Firstly I might go to quote you as I have done in this response but change my mind, delete the response and go look at something else
  • however when i then go to quote on another subject it has retained the response from the previous supposedly deleted content so you end up responding making no sense.
  • you cannot seem to get rid of this until you delete all of the content which means you end up responding with absolutely no content. You will notice that threads are littered with responses with no content

• A second scenario is when you quote and you are faced with random items you are supposedly responding to instead of the particular item you are referring to
  • naturally you select and delete the irrelevant content and post what you think is a response to the item you are referring to
  • but after you post all that comes up is your response and not the link you were referring to

As I said - random. Doesn't always happen, but happens enough to regularly give me the shits :)

5 likes a day is not enough, please can we have more :)

Ha - its like there is only so much love to go around isn't there. Winged myself a few months back and I think I now have 'infinity likes'  - like it should be! You be careful with your 15 mate :)

Ha - its like there is only so much love to go around isn't there. Winged myself a few months back and I think I now have 'infinity likes'  - like it should be! You be careful with your 15 mate :)

I was going to use one here, but better keep them for later..... :)

It is actually quite random, but just tried to get a consistent response and think I have found a particular bug that if fixed might help. Two scenarios:-

• Firstly I might go to quote you as I have done in this response but change my mind, delete the response and go look at something else
  • however when i then go to quote on another subject it has retained the response from the previous supposedly deleted content so you end up responding making no sense.
  • you cannot seem to get rid of this until you delete all of the content which means you end up responding with absolutely no content. You will notice that threads are littered with responses with no content

• A second scenario is when you quote and you are faced with random items you are supposedly responding to instead of the particular item you are referring to
  • naturally you select and delete the irrelevant content and post what you think is a response to the item you are referring to
  • but after you post all that comes up is your response and not the link you were referring to

As I said - random. Doesn't always happen, but happens enough to regularly give me the shits :)

Yes I see what you mean. I'll talk to the tech so they can get this sorted. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived