Citroen DS

I saw one onsite earlier in the year at Plympton, SA 

$11k I think he wanted. Was all original green with white roof paint and in great nick. Nearly immaculate I'd say. All the hydraulics had been sorted out after a leak somewhere. Very clean car. I even thought of buying it, as I don't think I've ever sat in a more comfortable car.

I also wanted to buy a CS wagon before I bought the 912. Now that was cool, but I'm not an architect

Trade off in ownership is being surrounded by other owners wearing berets and striped shirts. Seriously!

I love the design quirks and innovations , and later the stuff they put in the Maserati. Best of both worlds there! If you have an architect's fat wallet...

Un petit bateau!

citroen-ds-cabriolet-chapron_4.jpg

Trade off in ownership is being surrounded by other owners wearing berets and striped shirts. Seriously!

I love the design quirks and innovations , and later the stuff they put in the Maserati. Best of both worlds there! If you have an architect's fat wallet...

Un petit bateau!

citroen-ds-cabriolet-chapron_4.jpg

that's definitely one for the skivvy brigade.  Even an accountant would look cool in it.

It's on my list of cars to own

just the way you can unbolt body panels is cool in itself, and they're so technologically advanced for the time

definately want a later model though, with the enclosed lights that follow the steering (rather than the earlier single headlight)

• 1 year later...

I, and I'm sure many others, have left a note to ask if it's for sale with no reply. Was told it has never moved from that spot in 2 or 3 years, which is sad, as it's right by the sea, so it will no doubt be rotting away. I've seen a green one with white roof here too

Archived