Count Down to a GTS

RedMan

Thanks for the info, that's great and quite interesting. Gary will be interested too with his GTS coming along.

the wait is driving me mad. I have to stop reading and watching YouTube clips. At least the weather has been so rotten I wouldn't have been driving it anyway :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

Any further update on your car? Week 31 has passed so has it passed through the body shop yet? I think PCM should be able to give you a screen print of where it sits in production and shipping?

Will be hoping for you. Have to try and find out the name of the vessel it is on when it gets shipped so we can keep track of its journey. :)

Oh by the way I read today that your model GTS will be the only one with a 6cyl NA engine. The next one will be turbo 4 cyl. Interesting and makes yours a rare car.......

Got some good news, car was built 3 weeks early and is now on board the"Tombarra" which is due into Melbourne on 6 September.

Can nearly start counting in days instead of weeks!!!

Got some good news, car was built 3 weeks early and is now on board the"Tombarra" which is due into Melbourne on 6 September.

Can nearly start counting in days instead of weeks!!!

If you are really keen, you can track it's progress....

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/oldshipid:184621/oldmmsi:232971000/olddate:lastknown

Thanks Scott

If I was you, I would be checking 10 times per day I would be that excited it was on it's way!!

Ps. you might need to "refind" the vessel for future checks, as that link I posted was just its last know position on the free service. The free service is pretty good and accurate when the vessel is close to land with the appropriate receivers/locaters, but for exact postion, speeds, heading, etc you would need pay up for a subscription (I wouldn't bother).

Counting yours Redman, does anyone have any idea of the total number of Cayman GTSs which have been delivered into Australia.

Including my GTS, I only know of one other in SA.

When's your GT4 being delivered Chris?

Counting yours Redman, does anyone have any idea of the total number of Cayman GTSs which have been delivered into Australia.

Including my GTS, I only know of one other in SA.

When's your GT4 being delivered Chris?

I know of another 4 that have been sold by PCM

How are you coping without a Porsche of your own in the meantime? It's nice for your mates to let you drive their Porsches but just remember they will all be lined up to drive your GT4 to drive, some to the red line, once it's run in.

Hi Gary,

just had a look on the latest scheduled arrival and looks like the Tombarra is going to get into Mel on 29/08. Even better! :)

Awesome.  What tracker are you using? 

http://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsagaweb.2wglobal.com%2FAppSchedules%2F

try this link Gary. It's for the shipping line. If you use the search by vessel it will give you the voyage numbers and scheduled arrivals......

Got it, thanks Chris.

Origin PortDeparture    Destination portArrival    Vessel  VoyageTransit (Days)    Booking

BREMERHAVEN23/07/2015    MELBOURNE29/08/2015    TOMBARRA  CX525-TOM37     Wallenius Wilhelmsen        small arrowBook It

37 days on the water, hope it's well rested when it gets here!!!

Archived