Count Down to a GTS

RedMan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great news Gary. Must be very exciting. Right at this moment I am looking at January delivery but it's all a bit vague at the moment due to seat supply issues.... Anyway enough of that. Have they given an estimated delivery date?

That's great news Gary. Must be very exciting. Right at this moment I am looking at January delivery but it's all a bit vague at the moment due to seat supply issues.... Anyway enough of that. Have they given an estimated delivery date?

Estimate for delivery is late September, hopefully it won't be delayed by the holiday shut down in August.

i think those seats will be worth the wait Chris.

I am actually re thinking the seats. I drove David's Gt3RS4.0 which has them in on the weekend and found them not all that comfortable and caused sciatica in my leg so I look like changing to the 18way adaptive sport plus seats. Just need to sit in them to be sure. The side benefit apart from actually being comfortable is that it may bring forward my production. Should become clearer in the next few days.

Anyway, I am thrilled that yours is getting much more closer. Let's hope it does get through before the summer shutdown....

Gents... When I got my Cayman... I secretly thought I shoulda got a 911... So I can park my car next to the Porsches..... Fast forward to 2015 and its a different story.... ... Looking forward to the summer SMT for that group Cayman selfie...

Am a member of the Porsche  Cayman S club (group) on Facebook... Just so can check out Great pics and stories of caymans inc GTS, GT4's from everywhere in world...  If your interested.

Caymans Rule!!!!

Excellent Garry.    CAYMANS will rule!

It will be interesting to see how new car sales are trending for 911s and Caymans.

Good timing with the delivery Redman for the summer driving season.  Looking forward to seeing it.

It will be interesting to see how new car sales are trending for 911s and Caymans.

Good timing with the delivery Redman for the summer driving season.  Looking forward to seeing it.

Interesting thought, a similar spec 911 GTS to my spec Cayman GTS is an extra $120K.  Nice, but a lot of cash!!

Hi

Just sold my stock 911 3.2 and was going to order a black manual Cayman GTS in Adelaide but was told delivery would be around Jan 2016. There was an black PDK GTS on showroom floor fitted with a few extra options offered to me at the right price and I took delivery last week. Took it for a "careful" drive through the hills on the weekend and apart from its performance potential, this car's exhaust sound was absolutely unbelievable. The wait will be well worth it Gary.

As a side note, it's a small world:  Was in Melbourne today and dropped into the Porsche Centre. Met Chris-P who sitting in a black GTS testing the type of seats to order for his new GT4. 

Hi

Just sold my stock 911 3.2 and was going to order a black manual Cayman GTS in Adelaide but was told delivery would be around Jan 2016. There was an black PDK GTS on showroom floor fitted with a few extra options offered to me at the right price and I took delivery last week. Took it for a "careful" drive through the hills on the weekend and apart from its performance potential, this car's exhaust sound was absolutely unbelievable. The wait will be well worth it Gary.

As a side note, it's a small world:  Was in Melbourne today and dropped into the Porsche Centre. Met Chris-P who sitting in a black GTS testing the type of seats to order for his new GT4. 

Congratulations on the car black911 (that will have to change).  Good to hear you love the exhaust. How do you like the PDK after having a manual?

Not sure why there's a picture of a red 944 against my profile.   Anyway loaded a pic of a black Cayman GTS and hopefully it will disappear. But it's not to say there's anything wrong with 944s.

Hi

it was a pleasure to meet you today. Very small world when you can randomly start chatting to someone in the middle of a busy dealership like that. Sorry I had to cut our chat short but it was a productive visit and clarified a few things for me. Hope to see some pictures of your car when you get the chance.

Hi Gary

At this stage I've only had the PDK in Auto Mode so really can't offer any real feedback. Still baby steps as I've only done 150ks  since picking it up and as this is my first "new" Porsche, still to learning how best to run the car in. 

Hi Gary

At this stage I've only had the PDK in Auto Mode so really can't offer any real feedback. Still baby steps as I've only done 150ks  since picking it up and as this is my first "new" Porsche, still to learning how best to run the car in. 

interested in the run in period. What did the dealer recommend? I have a copy of the GT4 owners manual for the U.S. Market I downloaded and it says run in period is 2000 miles/3000km and don't recommend revving above 4200rpm for this period! The European guys say they don't have this recommendation. It would take me a year to run it in. Curious about what the GTS manual says?

I need to read the GTS manual as I've only downloaded the online Cayman S manual. Interesting that the run in procedures for the S highlight the same GT4 RPM limits. With regards to the Dealer's advice, there was no focus on the run in, most of the time, over an hour, was devoted to the car's complex high-tech systems. 

Hi Chris

Checked out the manual today. It states running in occurs mainly during the first 3000 km and you should:

Preferbly take longer trips.

Avoid frequent cold starts with short distance driving wherever possible.

No club sport events, sports driving schools or similar events.

Avoid high engine speeds, especially when the engine is cold.

How are you coping with the wait? I was fortunate as my best mate allowed me to drive any of his 3 off Porsches, either of two early 911 RS type hot rods or a 2007 911 GT3. Also had a friend which let me drive his hod rodded Lamborghini Gallardo through the Adelaide Hills. Although I was encouraged to drive them hard, they still weren't my cars and there's nothing worst than crashing your mates car. 

Archived