GT3 Wheel colour for 996 - thoughts?

TrevMcRev

I gotta agree with Billy! Go orange mate and put a Carrera script down the side in Orange... That'll look the goods and you won't be another C2 trying to be something it's not!

add some kind of fixed wing (cup? :lol: ) and front aero to it whilst you're there. 

+1 on a proper painted finish 

i beleive the RS wheels with the polished lip are a different wheel again to the non RS ones you have, 

I gotta agree with Billy! Go orange mate and put a Carrera script down the side in Orange... That'll look the goods and you won't be another C2 trying to be something it's not!

add some kind of fixed wing (cup? :lol: ) and front aero to it whilst you're there. 

+1 on a proper painted finish 

i beleive the RS wheels with the polished lip are a different wheel again to the non RS ones you have, 

Edgy, here's one I prepared earlier...

BB2kopie5.jpg

Here are some pics from my stocks to give you some ideas (sorry not many silver cars...they're hard to find with coloured wheels). At the end of it all for me I always come back to silver but my car being black is a completely different story.

IMG_4073_zps9b13d262.jpg

IMG_4142_zps98d078b0.jpg

IMG_4063_zpsd9380983.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps3f7eb5c8.jpg

IMG_4082_zps054cec15.jpg

^^^ would look great on silver IMO

IMG_3903_zpsf2d184c1.jpg

Those gunmetal wheels on the blue one do look good!  Like Hugh called earlier...  Hmmmmmmmm.

It's subtle and a perfect balance between the OEM silver and something a little 'custom' IMO. 

Honing in now, what about platinum, quite similar to gunmetal, maybe a tad lighter.  Couldn't find a 996 image but this guy said his wheels are platinum satin.  

21644EBE-8EA6-4248-B02F-8C03AA749AA9.jpg

Closest pics I can find to visualise how it would look on silver....if you squint you can nearly see it!

I think this will nail the right balance been stock  and custom, without being over the top.  And gives me a new idea on the sidescript too...  Instead of black, if it were also platinum on the silver there would be less contrast, more subtle.

attachment.php?attachmentid=322046&datel

iFrzAcpA.jpg

Closest pics I can find to visualise how it would look on silver....if you squint you can nearly see it!

I think this will nail the right balance been stock  and custom, without being over the top.  And gives me a new idea on the sidescript too...  Instead of black, if it were also platinum on the silver there would be less contrast, more subtle.

attachment.php?attachmentid=322046&datel

iFrzAcpA.jpg

NOYCE......  That really works for me....

Archived