Duttons 2010 997 Sports Classic

Given that curiosity got the better of me and that I'm a complete dumb arse when it comes to 997s I thought I'd Google the 997 Sports Classic. With this one having an asking price of 600k I was shaking with anticipation that the Google search results were going to turn-up motoring review after motoring review gushing with bold statements that the 997 Sports Classic was the pinnacle of 911 evolution and that no other 911 in the future would come close to the 997 Sports Classic. Boy was I disappointed! So it would appear that for 600k you get the Carrera S motor that has been tuned a little to put out <start sarcastic tone> a whopping extra 22bhp <end sarcastic tone> over the standard Carrera S motor--yes that is only 22bhp. For 600k it also comes standard with a sports chassis, which is optional on a Carrera S. Other than that it comes with retro stuff, like the RS ducktail, Fuch etc etc. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car, but where is the 600k?

Given that curiosity got the better of me and that I'm a complete dumb arse when it comes to 997s I thought I'd Google the 997 Sports Classic. With this one having an asking price of 600k I was shaking with anticipation that the Google search results were going to turn-up motoring review after motoring review gushing with bold statements that the 997 Sports Classic was the pinnacle of 911 evolution and that no other 911 in the future would come close to the 997 Sports Classic. Boy was I disappointed! So it would appear that for 600k you get the Carrera S motor that has been tuned a little to put out <start sarcastic tone> a whopping extra 22bhp <end sarcastic tone> over the standard Carrera S motor--yes that is only 22bhp. For 600k it also comes standard with a sports chassis, which is optional on a Carrera S. Other than that it comes with retro stuff, like the RS ducktail, Fuch etc etc. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car, but where is the 600k?

nowhere

you could build one yourself very easily for very little

Nothing wrong with a standard 997 Carrera S - I'd take one any day. 

Add a nice set of wheels + simple mods to my taste. I find this more appealing than buying someone else's idea that although limited isn't unique. :)

Archived