PFA - back to the future

don't you wish you could just go back in time...

just pressed >> instead of 'next' by mistake and found some absolute GOLD. D-banger, Niko and others discussing a 964 3.6 turbo for sale in 2012 for $155k

a quote from J.J. - 'whats the point of buying a 911 and not driving it?? if you want a long term investment buy property/stock etc buy a car to do what it was built for'

Agree with the sentiment, but you boys could have taken early retirement if you'd nabbed that one :)

• 2 weeks later...

Things seem to be cooling down.. :)

At least with regards to 993 and 964's

I agree. Look at the two SC's with Autohaus for $95k. Might be $10k too far for the market? $125k for a 964 2 also struggling to sell. Ceilings for now might have been reached...

I agree. Look at the two SC's with Autohaus for $95k. Might be $10k too far for the market? $125k for a 964 2 also struggling to sell. Ceilings for now might have been reached...

I definitely agree!

Those sellers need to realise that their cars are by no means the ones that should set the ceilings either. What 250km completely stock and unrestored 964 C2 for 125k? Those 993's are also asking ridiculous money... Duttons have had their C2S for over 4 months. I remember when I first saw it and they quoted me 180k, and still to this day at that price.

Makes me wonder what other cars can be had for that money.... 

struggling to sell?  What has it been, three weeks?  

Its not only the prices that have changed, we all seem to have an expectation that if it doesn't clear within 24 hours, the crankshaft must be broken.

I think that is unreasonable over the long term, so even if prices have found a new level the time between transactions should be something appreciated by the buyers out there, who can actually take the time to inspect rather than buy sight unseen.

Used to be that most cars sat for 2-3 months before finding a buyer if they weren't underpriced.  I expect that part to return.

Archived