Talking $%#! - The right way to do it

Too often what we say online can come back to haunt us. And this forum is no different. We ask you to consider the implications of what you do post here - particularly when it has potential to damage someone's car value, personal reputation or business. It's a fine line between saying "that car was involved in a smash" to "this dodgy dealer is advertising this car as in excellent condition - and it's not!"  You and I will agree that a dealer's business is to best promote the car he is selling.  We all know they are tempted to gild the lily, bend the truth and talk c#@p to sell a car (which may be your car!)... That my friends, is the fine art of car sales. That doesn't necessarily make the dealer dodgy!  He's trying to make a living too.

With over 2,200 members online, your comments have the potential to inform and influence your PFA colleagues  - as well as make a car virtually unsellable and put a black cross beside a business for all to see. So before you post that scathing review, consider this…… Is it fair?  Is it reasonable?  Is it unnecessarily harmful?  Your opinion matters - and this is your platform to share it. With that comes a responsibility to self censor - or we will have to do it for you.

So friends, please make sure that you play nice in the sandbox!

Orlando , what is being pointed at here , as long as a right of reply is honoured?

I wonder who is upset and in this world of transparency ..its up to each seller , buyer , dealer or whatever to have integrity and lets face it cars break..so its not about reliability 

Businesses make profits and thats cool too

If it bullshit , then most wont dignify the other party with a response or engagement, if its about clarity , each party can surely provide that

We have many dealer/supplier types who add great value to this forum and arena and have no issue in the the great services they provide.

Good guys and Good girls always win :)

I've just read this and thought I'd chime in with my 2 cents............

I personally believe the forum is a great place to research and become notified and informed about cars on (and 'off') the market. That said, as is the case sometimes things aren't often portrayed accurately or honestly (this may or may not be the intention of the seller either, wrong spec, quoted delivery numbers etc. etc). 

An instance that comes to mind was in relation to a car for sale that I knew had been involved in an accident, the only advice I provided was to check in with the mechanic whom I know had been looking after the car and need I say more on a public forum? If we feel the need to go into detail I believe there is a respectful way to handle it without undermining the seller and that is best taken care of privately via a PM. 

I don't believe its a case of no being upfront or honest, its just a case of being respectful to ensure there isn't anything taken out of context - as we all know things can escalate pretty quickly especially if the source isn't that reliable (this includes pretty much everything on the internet or forums for that matter :lol:

To most I think its pretty clear, but I'd agree its a worthwhile discussion to have.