Singer book

turboT

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in LA in 3 weeks, want me to go collect it? ;)

you know what you should do is get in touch with Michael. They managed to organise an amazing p-car trip to LA and got access to all manner of workshops (including Singer). Having seen first hand Magnus in action I recon he wouldn't say to an aussi knocking on his door either. 

What are you up to there?

Have already emailed his royal Magnusness, he gave me his contact details at Rennsport ;)

It's a bit of a US trip, dropping my Targa roof in Philly to be rebuilt before heading to LA via Orlando, Chicago and San Fran. We're only in LA for a couple of days and it's at the end of the week, road trip down from San Fran before heading to Hawaii for a week. Staying in the napa valley for a couple of days, visiting a friend in Monterey who builds backdate 911's then driving down the coast road, picking up a few decent driving roads on the way. It's been over 10 years since I last went to LA so I'm actually quite interested in seeing the downtown area, last time it was a ghetto you wouldn't visit, now I'm hoping it's different :D 

Have already emailed his royal Magnusness, he gave me his contact details at Rennsport ;)

It's a bit of a US trip, dropping my Targa roof in Philly to be rebuilt before heading to LA via Orlando, Chicago and San Fran. We're only in LA for a couple of days and it's at the end of the week, road trip down from San Fran before heading to Hawaii for a week. Staying in the napa valley for a couple of days, visiting a friend in Monterey who builds backdate 911's then driving down the coast road, picking up a few decent driving roads on the way. It's been over 10 years since I last went to LA so I'm actually quite interested in seeing the downtown area, last time it was a ghetto you wouldn't visit, now I'm hoping it's different :D 

tip - forget Orlando - possibly the most boring place in the world...

Yeah, been there many times in the past when we were still in the UK, but as that's where my wife will be for a week (work conference) I'm there for a few days after dropping the roof in Philly. The outlet shopping malls are pretty good, I can see some damage happening there...

Might have to visit Pelican's shop in LA though, see if SSI's will fit in a suitcase :lol:

Yeah, been there many times in the past when we were still in the UK, but as that's where my wife will be for a week (work conference) I'm there for a few days after dropping the roof in Philly. The outlet shopping malls are pretty good, I can see some damage happening there...

Might have to visit Pelican's shop in LA though, see if SSI's will fit in a suitcase :lol:

pop down to Miami (without the wife)

• 2 months later...

Dear "One More Than 10" Limited Edition (LE) Book Clients,

I would like to provide another update on the LE Book. I am sorry to report that we have suffered a delay with our box manufacturer, who is building raw wood boxes to our specifications. Unfortunately, several of the features that we specified did not show up on the initially shipped units. We reconfirmed the specifications with the manufacturer, and we will begin to receive shipments of unpainted wood boxes at Singer in mid-August with the remainder shipping roughly two weeks after that. The paintwork and final assembly will take roughly two months, based on our team’s current workload (including all of our key suppliers). We plan to ship out boxes as they are completed, rather than release them simultaneously.

We are doing our best to expedite all aspects of this program, but due to the fact that we are relying on some of the same team members that perform our vehicle restorations, there are some built-in limits to what we can do. The good news is that the boxes for the LE Book will use the same materials and finishes that are used in our restorations. We worked very hard to ensure that the quality of the finished boxes would not be compromised in any way. 

I realize that this update may not come as good news for many of you. I fully acknowledge that the LE Book project has suffered from some meaningful delays. Should you wish to cancel your order, please let Peter or me know, and we will promptly issue a refund. For those of you who are willing to wait some more, please rest assured that we will build the best box for the LE Book that we can, and of course, in the only way that we know how.

I will keep you posted about our progress. Thank you very much for your continued patience!    

Sincerely,

alexlee
singervehicledesign

??????? not even diko signed off on the email, customer loyalty? 

Like jads, mine's well dog eared and been in circulation for many months 

I'm about ready to donate mine it's so old. Lucky I ordered a couple of copies. ;);)

On that note, did anyone else get a double shipment of the book? Not to rub salt @turboT, but I ordered 3 and received 6. Contacted them and they replied saying they duplicated a number of orders, and there was no need to send them all back. So I have more copies than I know what to do with... I'll gift you one for Christmas Tom, doubt yours is here this side of 2017... I can't wait to see this box :blink:

• 2 months later...

Hello all-

As it's been a while since the last news, we wanted to send out an update about your Limited Edition cases. Fortunately there is significant progress to report!

Singer received the boxes from the manufacturer largely on schedule (e.g., in Aug to Sept). They have now painted the first 20 boxes--they had a few hiccups, as Singer's painter had to experiment a bit to optimize the paint and clear coat for wood (vs. the metal and carbon he’s used to working with). The boxes came out great though, and the next 30-40 are going into paint. 

Singer is currently assembling the first batches of the boxes and will start shipments at the end of this week. As they complete each LE box, they will ship directly to each of you. If you have had a recent change of address, please let us know so that we may make sure your case gets to you safe and sound.

Thanks as always for your patience, and please let us know if you have any questions.

Peter Bodensteiner
Stance & Speed

Im not gonna lie, I clicked on this thread thinking you ordered your Singer today. This followed by a complicated mixture of emotions including excitement, envy, and maybe a little hungry. Ah well, good buy with the book, think ill buy myself a xmas present too. 

Im not gonna lie, I clicked on this thread thinking you ordered your Singer today. This followed by a complicated mixture of emotions including excitement, envy, and maybe a little hungry. Ah well, good buy with the book, think ill buy myself a xmas present too. 

its been a year waiting for the book mate - probably could have got a car by now ;) 

• 1 month later...

Archived