Carrera 3.0 1977 for sale

They are somewhat rare with only a 2 year production run, the numbers below are not including Taga's

1976 Carrera 3 Coupe 
Total 1093
RHD – 487
LHD – 606

The Ecurie car has been on the market for a long time which is weird.

For what my opinion is worth (a pinch of sh#t usually) I thought it was priced high when it went on, but appears maybe the markets caught up with it now?

Converted from sporto to manual ... not usually a deal breaker on earlier cars but could have slowed interest earlier on?

I think it is a slippery slope trying to dictate to the market, what a particular car should be worth.

The Ecurie Carrera, 3.0 being all original condition, and also RHD seems to be in line with market IMHO.

Can you explain the first line Chris, I don't understand?

Agree on the Ecurie car, it will need some love & $$ though. 

A lottery basically

Thats how i read it anyway

We've all said it. A car is worth what someone is prepared to pay. We all see these cars with very optimistic sellers trying to cash in on the current Porsche trend. I only talked about this the other day with a friend who is very well versed on all things Porsche, and has a Porsche that I want. If someone wants my 912, they can expect to hand over 6 figures. Is it worth it? Thats up to the buyer, as I really don't care if they think it's 'worth it' or not to them, as that's the price, and you pay to play. I'm not going to give it away to some opportunist buyer/seller to keep them happy, yet show me how many mostly original matching numbers 912's that have had a body, pan, paint and engine rebuild around? I've had an offer that I have rejected, as I know they will only flip it for more. If anyone is prepared to buy it for my asking price, everyone is happy. Same as many owners that have restored 911's or whatever.

You look at some other makes of cars and see the disparity with prices. One Monaro might be $80k, yet the next one of similar condition is $50k. I've been looking at MGB GT's for months, and they range from $9k for a decent car to $18k for basically the same car thats a bit tidier! 9 times out of ten, the seller hikes the price up to maximise their profit or try to cover most of their outlay on restoration costs, yet probably 7 times out of ten, they either break even or make enough to ensure a sale and put some cash back in the bank and keep the missus happy and fix the bathroom!

Trying to decipher what a particular Porsche is 'worth' is as Chris mentioned, a slippery slope, and I'm sure it would do your head in trying to work it out

Think I'll have another scotch now! 

It seems to me that the colour plays a major role in dictating the price. That is, the rarity of the colour and the appeal of the colour. Some buyers love one colour others love another. 

Other buyers again just want that particular model and don't give a damn about the colour. 

A particularly attractive colour will demand a higher price as the buyers will keep pushing the price up to secure the deal.  

A PFA member recently sold his Forest Green C3. It certainly was drool worthy and a car to inspire. 

Many times I wish our platinum c3 was any other colour....particularly something like forest green but won't be selling/swapping it anytime soon as I know how good our c3 is.  

I'm sure our c3 would sell quicker and/or for more if it was a sexy colour like Forest Green, Signal yellow/orange, Continental Orange, Arrow  Blue - to name a few. 

Archived