Carrera 3.0 1977 for sale

Mate, you've only had it since July!   Is it haunted or something?:)

GLWS BTW

Peter, its a combination of a few things means its not getting the use I intended. Its just had a run early morning though & it is such a pleasure to drive. I know I will miss it when its gone.

Mr Fryer is known for a quality job. It's a great deal -  too cheap imo 

Btw who did the seat upholstery? 

Can't tell who did the seats Michel, have receipt but just has an ABN & inv No: Suspect old school craftsman its such a wonderful job, same with wheel. 

I can still get the steering wheels done to a high standard however my seat recovering craftsman has retired.

More to the point ....good luck with the sale Ian.....Let me know when you want me to deliver the 930.;)

Very Nice.

Looks like you live in the Mt. Cotton region.

If so you should drop by our place. and compare C3's.

Contemplating doing the full resto of our '76.

Would be great to talk shop.

I've been wanting to eyeball the 3.2ss in Chris' C3 for a long time.

Thanks 76 C3.0

The pics may have to do for now.

If you can afford to I would recommend a resto. These cars are very rare in Porsche terms and a big step forward over the 2.7 engined cars they will only get more desirable as 74/75 Carrera's become even less obtainable than they already are. Many think the Carrera 3.0 is currently undervalued.

Keep us posted with your progress.

My Carrera 3.0 will be off market this evening.

Saw this earlier, seems the Yanks like the C3. May return mine to LHD what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-Carrera-3-0-/262248292491?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d0f37608b:g:f9MAAOSwa-dWlFiC&item=262248292491

Had mine out over the weekend and just love the whole experience & theatre of it.

Also sanity checked myself regarding the rarity of these 70's cars

1973 RS 1yr production, circa 1580 cars

1974-75 Carrera 2yr production, circa 2184 cars (non USA models) Coupe & Targa

1976-77 Carrera 3.0 2yr production, circa 3691 (N/A USA) Coupe & Targa

I recon whoever picked up that yellow C3 a couple of weeks ago bought really well.

Agree to return to LHD. I would buy  a 3.0 Carrera in a heartbeat but never a converted car as I am a buyer who values originality. I could have bought a German 3.0 a year or so ago in immaculate condition for $80k but once I heard it was converted I stayed clear. I think it would be worth more if original.

I am sure it is a great car but it will not appeal to many as a conversion.

Just my view and responding to your question and no offence intended.

All the best!

Rai

Dont waste your time and money on a conversion. It's a beautiful car currently and as time goes by you'll find less people discounting it due to being a converted car. 

Rarity will pay out over originality and there will always be a market for good clean cars - yours would be one of the nicer examples out there so please don't mess with it............

If I didn't already have a similar car I'd be all over it, I still almost called you but I'm not one to be greedy! 

Cheers, Hugh. 

I know where you are coming from regarding going back to the original LHD.

It's an international market now and has been for some time.

As there were never any US delivered C3's the yanks know they are all imports and don't care. They just want one.

You would definitely sell Whitey for a lot more if you went to LHD as it would almost be guaranteed to be sold internationally to either a cashed up Yank or German. Even the Poms will take a Lefty so the market place is a much bigger pond for a lefty than it is for a righty.

I'm kicking myself for not buying a 1 owner RHD C3 (daily driver) in the UK about 2 years ago for 32,000GBP.

There is a wider appeal for LHD. Also the originality thing seems to be a bigger draw card here, different than it was 2-3 years ago.

Parts to convert should be easy to find, the difficult bit is finding a good shop to do it. For now I shall just enjoy it until something else comes up or when values increase will consider reverting back.

The Gold C3 on Ebay USA has ended @ $160,000USD ($231,000 AUD) with reserve not met. Must be mental not selling for that. I think perhaps it could be false bidding. I did also see another C3 couple of weeks ago on US Ebay can't recall the numbers though.

Mine is a brilliant IB 911 where all the money has been spent and has the upgrades that enhance the drive, performance, sound, interior etc etc. Plus its a numbers matching Carrera 3.0 with Porsche building just 3691 cars ( inc 2566 Coupes) in total. Compare that with 58,000 SC's & nearly 80,000 3.2's then think whats a better investment & the better drive. Just saying.

There is a wider appeal for LHD. Also the originality thing seems to be a bigger draw card here, different than it was 2-3 years ago.

Parts to convert should be easy to find, the difficult bit is finding a good shop to do it. For now I shall just enjoy it until something else comes up or when values increase will consider reverting back.

The Gold C3 on Ebay USA has ended @ $160,000USD ($231,000 AUD) with reserve not met. Must be mental not selling for that. I think perhaps it could be false bidding. I did also see another C3 couple of weeks ago on US Ebay can't recall the numbers though.

Mine is a brilliant IB 911 where all the money has been spent and has the upgrades that enhance the drive, performance, sound, interior etc etc. Plus its a numbers matching Carrera 3.0 with Porsche building just 3691 cars ( inc 2566 Coupes) in total. Compare that with 58,000 SC's & nearly 80,000 3.2's then think whats a better investment & the better drive. Just saying.

Yep, there's no doubting that a C3 is loads of fun to drive. I've always had an eye on getting a 993 or newer but the C3 is the bomb.

You have options to power up (like yours) while keeping it a daily driver, can go with the track car theme or just keep it as classic original.

Ours is 100% orig but I quite fancy the idea of a few bolt-on hotrod mods.

I would love to have a drive of your C3 to see what the 3.2ss ITB feels like compared to all original kit.

I think the new 'normal' for a C3 is in the 100k + range even if the bubble does pop.

Archived